Escapist News Network: Kathleen's Book Club

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Planeswalker Bobby Kotick is too unbalanced and overpowered to be allowed in legal MtG tournaments. How bad is it, you ask? It makes Gleemax look underpowered.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
So did anyone else think of Gabe Newell when Graham was describing the new nuts segment? I fully expect to see him on there someday... He'll open his big mouth and say something as equally dumb as his previous comments about the PS3 being a disaster soon enough. No matter how much you love Valve and Steam, you know this to be true.

I also loved when Paul compared the strategy guide to an internet guide. Indeed, the search function is very lacking.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I loved the Book Club session. That was absolutely fantastic.

"Back to you Kathleen!" "Thank you, Kathleen."

JonnoStrife

Sep 5, 2009
Lol that tongue twister at the end was great.

Also;
Kathleen Nut watch = Thumbs up
Katheleen Book club = Thumbs down.

Amarsir

Jul 7, 2009
ENN, now with 70% more Kathleen! Giving the fans what they want.

Though I must say after watching Tally and Kathleen in that segment, I have to ask: "Ladies, what's the deal with sleeves that extend three feet past where your arms end?"

Also: Bobby Kotick, Planeswalker was a great visual gag, but the resolution made it a little tough to read.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
How can you people not enjoy the book club? Did you watch it while muted? Was that the problem?

It was hilarious! I honestly think this is my favorite ENN to date.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
A lot to like in this episode. I enjoyed the Reading Rainbow reference, the reference to Yahtzee, the unintentionally amusing Canadian "sorry", Kathleen having to yell over the fighting at the end of the book segment and that Tekken bit at the end was really good.
Also Kathleen was really really busy this week.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Nut Watch - funny, I'd love to see more segments
Book Club - It was great but don't do it too often

And I loved the tongue twister at the end. Great stuff!

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Quite good ENN this week, although i would say both of the statements this week are nuts! Or even... crunchy.

Tally LRR

Oct 21, 2009
Amarsir said:
Though I must say after watching Tally and Kathleen in that segment, I have to ask: "Ladies, what's the deal with sleeves that extend three feet past where your arms end?"
Oh, they're totally trendy and tasteful. Actually, I hadn't even noticed that about my sleeves. I bought that too-large shirt for $2 at Value Village in an attempt to be appropriately costumed as a frumpy, washed up romance novelist. :)

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Blue-State said:
hehe loved the Yahtzee reference.
What the fuck is a "combat multiplier"?
And I predict a sudden increase in the use of blade fornicating, primate scat play enthusiast based epithets in MW2 online game-play.
Perhaps it is referring to the strength of a team? Bare with me here, but it could be saying that he's such a bad ass or something that by having him on your team, your team can achieve objectives that beforehand would be fool hardy to attempt.

Just me spit balling guesses however.

wonkify

Oct 2, 2009
Nice try, but I'm sure we all recognize that the "Nut Watch" is simply going to be whatever Kotick said most recently. Calls for renaming the segment I'm afraid.

And this may be the color blindness talking, but did the "guest author" in Kathleen's book segment have purple hair? Sort of?

Really enjoyed the bit though, I thought it was right on target.

Mikester1290

Jun 29, 2010
I love that we get all this awesome entertainment every week for free, YAY!

Escapist News Network = More factual and entertaining news than Fox for sure.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
That whole thing about using it for proping up stuff etc reminded me of the (joking) 5-star reviews for The Atlas of Creation on Amazon.