Escapist News Network: Minced Words: Blizzard's Real ID

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Minced Words: Blizzard's Real ID

If we lose online anonymity, untold hate speech may be lost.

Watch Video

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
RIP Graham's music references.

I enjoyed seeing how ENN would have looked in previous decades. Very clever!

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
Keep the music alive Graham!

And I may be absolutly mad, but I do believe that the "Dickwad Theory" is enshrined in most modernized Psychological societies. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's become a treatment for tourettes.

ZeeClone

Jan 14, 2009
I had to clap my hand over my mouth not to laught out loud in the office!

And Graham... Stay classy.

BlueInkAlchemist - They've got some older archive footage that's from the silent era, but it's too fragile to convert to get online. Nitrate film: it's a *****.

dls182

Viva La Squir
Jun 15, 2009
Holy crap the flashbacks were hilarious!

Also, Mr. Funk the Ass Manager was hilarious!

Too much hilarious!

Yaxley

Sep 23, 2009
At least when the rumbling Kinect breaks, that person will have a Dreamcast to play.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
you know i don't recall ENN being on for that long also years before any of you guys were born.
but anyway how awkward is it to say i was singing the lyrics that Graham was saying.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Lovin the old skool ENN!
Im going to complain to Nintendo now that my eyes dont support a rumble option with the 3DS. I also have one eye.

Also, lovin the Alan Wake reference.

Also, is that a bit of John Funk? I reconize the voice??

Also, also.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
No one can have PvZ! Its so awesome!

And the ZoE3...or lackthere of makes me sad ; ;

Dr. Awesome Face

Jan 11, 2010
Great episode. Loved the metal gear segment and the Alan Wake reference at the end. And the Kinect rumble trailer was funny as well. The main story seemed a bit long I thought and didn't really enjoy it much.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
Jaredin said:
No one can have PvZ! Its so awesome!

And the ZoE3...or lackthere of makes me sad ; ;
Excuse me; what?

OT: nice touch to let us see what eNN used to look like. : ) And John Funk! Great to see you use Escapist staff too. ^^

Fensfield

Nov 4, 2009
If only the RealID move had gone ahead..

As a non-player of their games since Warcraft 1, it would have been cool to see what happened.

>.>

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
I nearly died of laughter with the whole "X-Box 360, **** you guys" thing.

And is Graham actually one of hundreds of clones locked in suspended animation, a new one brought out when the previous one dies, cause that would be awesome. I know LRR Has only been going for a few years though, so it probably just means you're going to discover a time travelling machine in the future and use it to go back in time and achieve the above comment.

ZergInfestedJesus

Oct 31, 2007
I would see Real I.D actually taking trolling to an entirely new level. A troll begins to harass you so you stop responding to him. The next day you receive a phone call from him, making inflamatory and threatening remarks. Pizza's that you didn't deliver start being sent to your door. Hell if you have were you work posted online, imagine all the damage that could be done when the person calls your place of employment in a rant. All these things happened to Blizzard Employee Baishok just an hour after he posted his real name on the forums, as a sign of good fate.

Also don't get me started on google. A potential employer googles your name, the first thing that comes up is a 15 page argument on whether Death Knights are overpowered or not. That will almost always leave a bad impression.

Blizzard could fix about 90% of the trolling problems if they just bothered to fork out an extra couple thousand bucks a month for some full time moderators. Hell, they could appoint community moderators and do it for free.