Escapist News Network: More Room to Grow

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Oh my god, it's that big hat Paul wore in the '08 LRR sketch "All the Little People"!

They misspelled Paul Saunders's name AGAIN! This time, the last S is missing...

"What is this businessman doing playing with a small child in a sparsely populated train station?"

That's the question of the week right there. And don't ask, Paul. I don't wanna know.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Delusibeta said:
Liked today's Headshot, even though it jumped on the "hate Obsidian" bandwagon that everyone seems to be jumping on when they've released a game (except No Mutants Allowed, proprietors of the only "hate Bethesda" bandwagon on the internet AFAIK).

Also, HATS.
I was curious, when someone comes out against rape do you point out that they are on the "hate rape bandwagon" or do you genuinely assume that they don't like something bad?

Now this is a HUGE hyperbole, and their bad coding is not the same or even nearly the same as raping someone, I'm just trying to start off with a bold example and work backwards.

At what point can people dislike bad things and be genuinely correct in their feelings? When does it go from being a genuine dislike to a "bandwagon"?

Just curious, because I don't quite get the "if many people think something is bad, they must be hive minded."

docbox1567 said:
bdcjacko said:
Is it wrong to admit I had trouble focusing on anything other than Kathleen's cleavage this episode?
There was an episode going on?

God I'm pathetic sometimes. Cleavagingly pathetic.
At least I feel a little more human, I was staring without any break away till that beautiful monologue.

Megido

Aug 24, 2008
Yeah, when I first heard about the denial of service thing against Minecraft all I could do was shake my head. There should be some sort of test you have to take before being allowed to use the internet, because there's an awful lot of complete idiots using it.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Oh my god, that Dune reference was awesome... was I the only one who caught that?
That really made my day!

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
What do the following phrases/statements have in common?
"Don't touch that! its hot!"
"This is not an essay you can put off until the last minute!"
"You should go to sleep instead of playing that game all night long."
"No you can't buy me a drink."
"Billy Joel doesn't belong in a music rhythm game."

The following response is always the right answer:
"Challenge accepted."

Spite is the best motivator of all.

The Seldom Seen Kid said:
[small]I want a Dino Crisis game...[/small]

Wait, what's Dino Crisis? Never heard of it before, but it sounds totally rad.
well, its like Resident Evil, but with Dinosaurs instead of zombies. surprisingly it is not as awesome as it sounds.

Bloodysoldier

Jun 9, 2009
Wolcik said:
Shocking that Sony tries to defeand its conlose, funny that it fails XD
Headshot was nice :)
I think you are a bit confused Wolcik, maybe it is all the drugs microsoft injects into you. But no where in this great video had it talked about sony defending it's console. Now in this great video it had microsoft trying to defend it's console; well not just its console but the newer shotty product known as (and I quote) 'MICROSOFTS' kinect not sony's.
Your welcome and I accept your thank you for correcting you in the nicest way possible.

And in other news....
thank you graham for pwning those whinny noobs who had the most massive brain fart in the history of man!

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
I haven't watched an episode of ENN before. Now that I have, you have gained a lifelong fan. This stuff isn't just stupid game "parody" news like I thought it would be... this is cutting satire at its best! Well done, and if it makes up for what I haven't seen - I will be keeping a very close eye on this in the future.

Eponet

Nov 18, 2009
AngryMongoose said:
I was making a castle but it was taking ages, so I gave up. Then I made a wooden house. Then I made a fireplace. If you don't realize what happened next you've never played Minecraft.
Someone else came along and destroyed it while you were working on it forcing you to try and build it underground and create navigation points that wont tip off griefers, resulting in only you being able to find it?

OZITOMAI

Jul 8, 2009
when you guys said about mining and crafting i thought straight away runescape lol idk why, also grahams insane/angry/deprived face was gold well done :D

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
Eponet said:
AngryMongoose said:
I was making a castle but it was taking ages, so I gave up. Then I made a wooden house. Then I made a fireplace. If you don't realize what happened next you've never played Minecraft.
Someone else came along and destroyed it while you were working on it forcing you to try and build it underground and create navigation points that wont tip off griefers, resulting in only you being able to find it?
Naa, I was playing single player. The only multiplayer server I've been able to connect to doesn't let randoms build stuff.

Sodoff

Oct 15, 2009
The Toweer of Poweeer!

Do Want.

Also, I should try this Minecraft hmm?
Though I am worried it will affect my grades and papers, Dilemma!

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Yankeedoodles said:
bdcjacko said:
Is it wrong to admit I had trouble focusing on anything other than Kathleen's cleavage this episode?
On a comment board that she, her boyfriend, close friends and possibly family are likely read? Yes.
Then maybe she shouldn't show off the cleavage. We all know how the internet works.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
HankMan said:
Wait, Serrated? Just what the hell goes on at ENN when the cameras are off?
Minecraft is run by just ONE guy? Wow
And Hooray 4 Spite! :D

Edit: It's 9:15 and no one else has commented on this episode yet? Seriously you guys?
was run by one guy, the the DDoS attack maed him need to find more people. He found a few devellopers to give him a hand just before the attack actually, and then he had them fix the game while he sped up the patch. It's hilarious because he always said that there was a halloween update coming up but these idiots thought "Halloween update hmmm? So I think it should come up WEEKS before halloween!"