Escapist News Network: More Room to Grow

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Damn you guys are on fire this week! Both this and "Trapped" had me laughing out loud, which didn't really endear me to the neighbouring cubicles.

Yankeedoodles

Sep 10, 2010
bdcjacko said:
Yankeedoodles said:
bdcjacko said:
Is it wrong to admit I had trouble focusing on anything other than Kathleen's cleavage this episode?
On a comment board that she, her boyfriend, close friends and possibly family are likely read? Yes.
Then maybe she shouldn't show off the cleavage. We all know how the internet works.
Maybe you're right. Although:

1. I'm still not convinced that that's how the internet Should work.

2. She seemed pretty upset the last time a lot of people made such comments.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Yankeedoodles said:
bdcjacko said:
Yankeedoodles said:
bdcjacko said:
Is it wrong to admit I had trouble focusing on anything other than Kathleen's cleavage this episode?
On a comment board that she, her boyfriend, close friends and possibly family are likely read? Yes.
Then maybe she shouldn't show off the cleavage. We all know how the internet works.

1) You can be convinced anyway you want, but it is how it does work.

2) How am I expected to know she gets upset when people comment that she looks good?

Yankeedoodles

Sep 10, 2010
bdcjacko said:
Yankeedoodles said:
bdcjacko said:
Yankeedoodles said:
bdcjacko said:

1) You can be convinced anyway you want, but it is how it does work.

2) How am I expected to know she gets upset when people comment that she looks good?
1. Just because that's the way it works doesn't mean that it is the Only way it can work or that it is necessarily the best way.

2. Unless you read the posts of a certain former ENN episode I wouldn't expect you to. Although a lot of women don't really appreciate comments on their womanly features.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Yankeedoodles said:
1. Just because that's the way it works doesn't mean that it is the Only way it can work or that it is necessarily the best way.

2. Unless you read the posts of a certain former ENN episode I wouldn't expect you to. Although a lot of women don't really appreciate comments on their womanly features.
1) But still, that is they way it works. If I didn't say something, someone else probably would.

2) Women are crazy, it is a proven fact. They get mad when you say the look good, they get mad when you don't say they look good. Nothing I can do to change that either.

Also Kathleen, if you did read any of this, you are pretty lady and shouldn't be ashamed of yourself in any way.

Yankeedoodles

Sep 10, 2010
bdcjacko said:
Yankeedoodles said:

1) But still, that is they way it works. If I didn't say something, someone else probably would.

2) Women are crazy, it is a proven fact. They get mad when you say the look good, they get mad when you don't say they look good. Nothing I can do to change that either.

Also Kathleen, if you did read any of this, you are pretty lady and shouldn't be ashamed of yourself in any way.
1. Possibly. Although that still doesn't mean you or anyone else should say it.

2. Women aren't crazy, they're just different. Although body insecurity is something that a lot of people have regardless of gender. Even good-looking people have it. Average and bad-looking people can get insecure because people don't pay attention to them relative to good-looking people. While good-looking people can become insecure because they believe that people are Only paying attention to them because of their looks and don't even notice What they're doing or how hard they worked for it.

Joseph Eckert

Feb 28, 2010
graham was building a castle.
i-is it... is it the one my princess will finally be in?

I just finished listening to the podcast before this and was thinking "Man minecraft sure is cool I hope graham and alex do lots of cool stuff and show it to us."

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
RANT! ANGRY RANT!
Seriously though, nice rant there Graham. It's obvious to me that the guys who attacked Minecraft are total dickheads who have a waaaaay to big sense of entitlement. Plus they choose a method that would not only be ineffective, but actually hurt their cause. And this is coming from someone who doesn't even play the game!

And I want the tower of power. Or at least some of the hats making it up.

Amnesiac Pigeon

Jul 14, 2010
Kathleen in a towering pillar of hats has instantly become one of my favourite images on the internet.

Also love the Kinect part.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
bdcjacko said:
Are
Yankeedoodles said:
1. Possibly. Although that still doesn't mean you or anyone else should say it.

2. Women aren't crazy, they're just different. Although body insecurity is something that a lot of people have regardless of gender. Even good-looking people have it. Average and bad-looking people can get insecure because people don't pay attention to them relative to good-looking people. While good-looking people can become insecure because they believe that people are Only paying attention to them because of their looks and don't even notice What they're doing or how hard they worked for it.
You are lame.
ooooo, BURN! gonna have to put some ice on that one.

But seriously is that any way to behave. This person is trying to have an intelligent discussion and you respond with the equivalent of, "you're a doodoo head", and going home. Better if you hadn't responded at all if that was all you had to say.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Awesome, you nailed the problems with those Minecraft hackers right on the head Graham. I mean seriously, there's an update, a pretty big one, advertised on the site!

Also, I loved Onimusha, the first three. I don't count the last one as an actual Onimusha game because it tried VERY hard to be some kind of wierd Devil May Cry wannabe. The Resident Evil style gameplay and monsters made those three games three of my favorites. I have all three of them in my PS2 collection still, even though I haven't used that collection in years.

Also also, it sucks that they're trying for a "western market." That means all their games are going to look somewhat like ours now. Great. I like the difference between Western and Eastern games, I want it to continue so that there's variety.

bismarck55

Mar 1, 2010
omega247 said:
Lego and crack combination?! I guess I'll have to check it out :p

... Also did Graham say "bugger"?? I thought only us Brits used that word
No, Canadians (like me) use it too. I hear it all the time. Once upon a time Canada was supposed to be a North American version of Britain, more or less. Heck, The queen is still our head of state you know.

Sorry, I'm prone to tangents.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Eric the Orange said:
ooooo, BURN! gonna have to put some ice on that one.

But seriously is that any way to behave. This person is trying to have an intelligent discussion and you respond with the equivalent of, "you're a doodoo head", and going home. Better if you hadn't responded at all if that was all you had to say.
The discussion was going no where, plus he is lame. I could have said much nastier things, but I choose discretion and decided I was done talking to him.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
QuantumWalker said:
I'm still looking at 2K Marin on the whole Bioshock 2 PC patches. Promise to patch a game, and then after months of being strung along come out and say "sorry, but finishing it would be to hard. Go buy it on the console if you want that other content"

(I am aware this is not an exact paraphrase but the meaning is more or less the same)
Um, you do realize that they came back and announced that they're finishing the patch/DLC, right?

http://www.techspot.com/news/40902-2k-games-apologizes-bioshock-2-dlc-coming-to-pc-after-all.html

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
"Digital crack and Lego" best description of Mindcraft, or of any game for that matter, I have heard // Now If you will excuse me I now have to go clean up the potatoes and pork, that I was eating, from off my desk

-M

darkdots

Oct 8, 2010
Market to the West? You could make bobble headed, big eyed, under age, squirrels, that don't speak english, and not translate all the dialog boxes.