Escapist News Network: Quick's Picks

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Quick's Picks

Quick's Picks responds to a viewer email about a misunderstanding with Dante's Inferno.
Become a fan on Facebook! [http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Escapist-News-Network/138150013118]

Watch Video

Crunchy English

Victim of a Savage Neck-bearding
Aug 20, 2008
Its not your net, its some new video player or something. This pop-up window style is awful. No video on the site will play for me now.
When did this happen?

EDIT - Ok, now that the ads load, I can watch it... yay? I mean, I'm all for a profitable Escapist, and it beats front-loading a video with commercials. But there's something unseemly about the Escapist carrying really in your face advertising.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
not a fan of the new player that pops up with an add, but i did love matts segment, though i hope he will start taking real questions.

im glad that a large share of my money goes towards pony rides.

ponys rule.

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
Ha, You guys are so going to get sued or something... He picked on a guy who called him a crook. Excellent show guys!

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Interview with Atkinson. That would be hilarious. LRR would own him.

Also, I loved Quick's Picks.

Yaxley

Sep 23, 2009
Between this and Max Effect, Matt is clearly a leading spokesman for abusing people with misconceptions about video games.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
swaki said:
not a fan of the new player that pops up with an add, but i did love matts segment, though i hope he will start taking real questions.

ponys rule.
What are u talking about, that WAS a real question, also I also hate this new pop up shit, its SHIIIT!!

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
People are going to get punished for leaving uncharted 2 games, awesome. But what was with the x-box style announcement that was weird.

Sherlock/

Nov 16, 2009
All this complaining about the popup... just full-screen the video so you don't see it. The only ppl allowed to complain are those that paid for this ad: it is only displayed for half a second of anoyance.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
Quiet Stranger said:
swaki said:

ponys rule.
What are u talking about, that WAS a real question, also I also hate this new pop up shit, its SHIIIT!!
noo, that wasn't real, people aren't that stupid, are they?
and since this was his first segment he couldn't have gotten the email.
[sub]im desperately clinging to my faith that people have common sense[/sub]

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I can't really fault the retailers, most of my money gets used up on hookers, blow, pony rides and Cotton Candy too...

/Same opinion on the pop-up player.
(Although it did work first time for me without any waiting for loading.)

I also love the inclusion of an email segment, sort gives off more of a "This is a real news station" vibe

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
Paul forgot to mention which part of retailer's profits go to building their doom fortress, where they will be selling games out of for even more than we pay for now.

andrewbrownster2

Dec 30, 2009
Please try and interview Micheal Atkinson, I think that watching him sit there, his gums flailing like a fish, with no Mich would be the funneist thing that I would have seen this month.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
While not quite as snappy, hip, and fresh as Pach-Attack, I think Quick's Picks might just catch on.

Great episode guys, and yes, WOO!! to Canada's Olympics showing.

Zosephine

Dec 4, 2008
I really liked this ENN. The Quick's Picks segment was pretty great, and I like the subtle background music.

I don't really mind the pop-up too much. It's not fabulous, but I can live with it. If you don't like it, just hit the magic "close" button up in the corner.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
So the Winter Olympics were just a viral marketing campaign for Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games... Now I know.

pluizig

Jan 11, 2010
Do like: 'You are a bunch of expletive deleteds.'
Do not like: the popup window.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
I still think it's weird to only have music playing during the first few news segments. Logically, you would think the ones during the music would be different to the ones after the music, but they're not. It's just kind of... strange, that's all.

Anyway, great jokes as always. Quick's picks could totally be it's own mini-series, or something.

LeeshaJoy

Jun 22, 2009
Upon reading the "letter," am I the only one who thought, "Dude, have you read the Divine Comedy?? Even if the game was a straight-up adaptation of the poem, it'd be nowhere near child-appropriate!"

Or am I just a sad little literature geek?

Yeah, I know, probably both.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
LeeshaJoy said:
Upon reading the "letter," am I the only one who thought, "Dude, have you read the Divine Comedy?? Even if the game was a straight-up adaptation of the poem, it'd be nowhere near child-appropriate!"

Or am I just a sad little literature geek?

Yeah, I know, probably both.
No, I think you simply got the joke. I believe that was the point in lecturing on the educational system, it was directed at the "parents" for not knowing this and trying to randomly expose their children to culture without any understanding of it themselves.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
swaki said:
Quiet Stranger said:
swaki said:

ponys rule.
noo, that wasn't real, people aren't that stupid, are they?
and since this was his first segment he couldn't have gotten the email.
[sub]im desperately clinging to my faith that people have common sense[/sub]
of course I know its not real, (though it does sound very real cause you know, people are stupid and by that i mean some moms DO buy M rated games for their kids thinking its wholesome)

dnadns

Divine Ronin
Jan 20, 2009
unacomn said:
Loved the Michael Pachter spoof.
I second that!

Having this as an established segment for ENN would be truly awesome *hint hint*

Only thing missing is the dreaded "Hello Internet Babies!"

I'm almost 30 and listening to that actually makes me roll my eyes... over to a site that knows it's audience, like the Escapist.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Oh yes, I also wanted to say that I do not like the skinning job for a couple of reasons.

#1: It seemed to slow down the video compared to normal and the movements seemed out of sync with the voices which is not normally a problem.

#2: I can respect that The Escapist is a business and need to support itself through advertising (which allows it to maintain the forums, and thinks like Zero Punctuation, ENN, and other features), HOWEVER I think there is a point at which too much advertising becomes an issue.

I'm not concerned about annoyance so much as the fact that The Escapist is allegedly a neutral source on games, and geek culture (movies, RPGs, etc..). Somewhere to go to get a fairly unbiased opinion on these things. When you see The Escapist taking that much money apparently to advertise for a specific game it makes the abillity of it, and it's employees to remain impartial questionable. I think back to the entire "Kane and Lynch" fiasco on another review site, where a popular reviewer was let go under the cloud of his poor review of a heavy advertiser's product being responsible for the desician.

Will we see games that Yahtzee won't totally tear apart (or wind up supporting) simply due to money? Will certain titles, companies, and industry figures become off-limits to ENN?

If such things already exist it's not noticible, but I am concerned that it will become more so in the future because an advertising display of that level does not bode well for neutrality.

-

I'm just a user, but I'd prefer not to see reskins, even of features. Besides which since people come here for the reviews, and to see games/the industry ripped on in some of these features, I sort of suspect in the long term it won't be worth it because fancier and more expensive advertising is pointless if less people actually see it. The Escapist seems to have a decent user base, and be a good community, I'd hate to see that change.

I could be totally wrong, but it seems The Escapist was supporting itself fine before this.

Apologies if this upsets anyone, this is simply my opinion.

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
I like the idea penalizing online d-bags for their bad behavior. Capcom should add that feature to SSF4 before it comes out.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Quick's Picks is a great new segment. Nicely done.

I have to admit, though, when I clicked on the video and the view changed, my first thought was "Oh crap, a pop-up."

Seneschal

Blessed are the righteous
Jun 27, 2009
PSYYYYDUCK.

And the Olympics as viral marketing made me laugh so much I neutered myself.

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
drisky said:
People are going to get punished for leaving uncharted 2 games, awesome. But what was with the x-box style announcement that was weird.

yeah i was wondering the same thing

LOL at rapper bling out their DS phat with spinners

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
Therumancer said:
...Will certain titles, companies, and industry figures become off-limits to ENN?

If such things already exist it's not noticible, but I am concerned that it will become more so in the future because an advertising display of that level does not bode well for neutrality.
Don't worry. The ENN crew has never been told to stay away from a certain topic, game or person. The Escapist gives us full editorial autonomy, and doesn't censor us. Like a good, unbiased source, they keep the advertising separate from the editorial and creative side.

:)

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
So decided to give this another go, but this show is still just bad jokes and nothing else. and the quickpicks was almost painful to watch. yea Ill try your show out again if your still making it in June to see if you have improved

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Crunchy English said:
Its not your net, its some new video player or something. This pop-up window style is awful. No video on the site will play for me now.
When did this happen?

EDIT - Ok, now that the ads load, I can watch it... yay? I mean, I'm all for a profitable Escapist, and it beats front-loading a video with commercials. But there's something unseemly about the Escapist carrying really in your face advertising.
I also dislike the new pop-up style player, I like to pause and check out other things while the video loads.

Great video as usually though. I especially liked Quick's Picks.

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
It's amazing how overrated this series is. Not one part of that was remotely funny.

AnneSQF

Sep 22, 2009
Was that part with Dante's Inferno true? It sounds ridiculous and fake but there are really stupid people out there. Wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened.

Slappybob

Jun 18, 2008
I have to say I do not like the new format. If it were not for Kathleen I would probably ditch this series all together. It seems rushed and the interviews are not as good.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
The entire episode was a vial of win, and I would pay to see that Atkinson interview.

I thought Ubisoft said they weren't going to do any more movie games after the monumental flop of Avatar? I can see why a game about a movie about a well-established game franchise would do better, and I know that it isn't technically a "movie-based game", but they just happen to be about the same thing.

Maybe The Forgotten Sands will do better. Maybe it will also fail and Ubisoft will learn their lesson. I just hope the company stays open until I find out what becomes of Desmond Miles.

Tolerant Fanboy

Aug 5, 2009
Little known fact: Every Nintendo headquarters has a small exclusive stable of riding ponies. Unfortunately, most of those ponies are the same ones as were in the stable twenty years ago.

Also, bunnies!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
marter said:
So the Winter Olympics were just a viral marketing campaign for Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games... Now I know.
It all makes sense!

Also! Love the new segment!

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Slappybob said:
I have to say I do not like the new format. If it were not for Kathleen I would probably ditch this series all together. It seems rushed and the interviews are not as good.
Re: rushed - you know that the pace of a video has nothing to do with the time spent on it, and that this new format actually takes longer to produce right?

I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion of it, but regarding your statement specifically, the opposite is true.

-m

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Is Quick's Picks going to feature actual community based questions, in the future? Or to put it another way, if I sent in an e-mail would it be possible to have it featured on this segment?

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Decabo said:
It's amazing how overrated this series is. Not one part of that was remotely funny.
It's called an opinion, dude. Just because other peoples don't agree with yours dose not make it wrong.

Though it dose make me wonder why you watched it then. it's not as if it's a new series, so you must have made up your mind long before this episode. And yet you watched it anyways, knowing that you dislike it.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Crunchy English said:
When did this happen?

Yeah no one likes adds, but the Escapist is a business and they have to make money to keep the site up and pay the employees (such as the LRR people here). So I guess it's either this or subscription fees, and I prefer this.

ZehGeek

[-Militaires Sans Frontieres-]
Aug 12, 2009
*claps at Matt* Bravo man. That totaly hit the head on the nail dead on. Just....beautiful...*claps again*
Also, unrelated, but guys, they've had the popup adds like forever. I honestly don't mind the add at the beginging, considering you can just mute it.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Man these recent ENN videos have been fast...like Rapidfire Comedy fast..."Comedy so fast it will melt your face off."

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Lady Kathleen said:
Therumancer said:
...Will certain titles, companies, and industry figures become off-limits to ENN?

Don't worry. The ENN crew has never been told to stay away from a certain topic, game or person. The Escapist gives us full editorial autonomy, and doesn't censor us. Like a good, unbiased source, they keep the advertising separate from the editorial and creative side.

:)

Thank you for the response, and that is good to hear. ENN is one of my favorite features on The Escapist, and I look forward to it every week! :)

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
now, if this new Quick's picks isn't pure awesomenessness, then i don't know what is
seriously, this was THE most funny thing i watched in like... well, a long time ^^

please, much much more of this in the future!!

Jer_LRR

ENN Reporter & Photoshop Wizard
Sep 30, 2009
New Rejected ENN stories are up on the LoadingReadyRun blog. We were VERY prolific this week, and left a lot of good stuff unused. Check it out: http://loadingreadyrun.com/blog/?p=953

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
TheyTookOurJobs said:
Was I the only one who heard a mention of Mordin solus?
stukov961 said:
I heard it too.
Was that intentional ENN?
It was actually Morgan Solus (yes, an intentional Mass Effect reference) because he was the Sonic expert in our recent Black & Blue Streak episode.

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
The pop-up (which I'm not even seeing, because it;'s probably region-locked to the US) isn't something that we choose, or have any control over, so please don't complain to us about it :)

Glad (most of) you all like this one!

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
GrahamS said:
The pop-up (which I'm not even seeing, because it;'s probably region-locked to the US) isn't something that we choose, or have any control over, so please don't complain to us about it :)

Glad (most of) you all like this one!
... I got the pop-up player.

-m

Axillion5000

Nov 18, 2009
Great vid guys! Love the Quick's Picks segment, is it gonna be a regular?
One thing tho, and I'll never mention it again if I'm the only one, but I think something needs to be done with the background music when the stories start up. I find it kinda distracting as it is.

also, where can i find a body pillow like that?

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
aw very funny and instead of buying a new game i think i will instead use that money for hookers and blo oh and cotton candy and PONY RIDES!!!

also YAY CANADA!! but it had to be Sidney Crosby to score that goal!

Joe Matsuda

Aug 24, 2009
Slappybob said:
well sir(?), while I disagree with your opinion, me feeling that ENN gets better with every video, I defend to the death your right to share it

...OT, I enjoyed to breakdown of the $60 dollars spent on games, and am sure all of it was fairly accurate...

...now then, lets talk about Kathleen some more...

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
Quick picks was awesome. I love the new segment. I would love to see it every week. Cotton Candy Rules!
I don't really mind the pop out video style.
This just in BUNNIES!

nosole

Has no shoes
May 28, 2009
Great job guys, loved Quick's Picks (you get to share your sarcastic frustrated at the world wit with the escapist now matt!)...

Also I got the pop up but no actual ad... still it threw me off, especially because I run ad-block+ but whatev.

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
Showing Metroid previews in 720p? How lame can you get?

I'll post more later, but my copy of FF8 just came in the mail. I hope it plays as good as it looked in the preview!

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
Decabo said:
It's called an opinion, dude. Just because other peoples don't agree with yours dose not make it wrong.

Though it dose make me wonder why you watched it then. it's not as if it's a new series, so you must have made up your mind long before this episode. And yet you watched it anyways, knowing that you dislike it.
Yes, and I was expressing MY opinion, dude. Funny how you accuse me of not knowing what an opinion is while you jump all over me just for not being one of those "OMG Best 1 EVAR!!!1" people.

The reason I watch this show is because I used to like it. The earlier episodes I thought were quite good. But recently, they've felt phoned in. Look at this one: Paul's report was just a pie chart with no real joke to it, and the Quick Pick's thing was artificially lengthened by reading out the message in its entirety, and it didn't even have a punchline, it was just sort of... there.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Decabo said:
Eric the Orange said:
Decabo said:

Yes, and I was expressing MY opinion, dude. Funny how you accuse me of not knowing what an opinion is while you jump all over me just for not being one of those "OMG Best 1 EVAR!!!1" people.

The reason I watch this show is because I used to like it. The earlier episodes I thought were quite good. But recently, they've felt phoned in. Look at this one: Paul's report was just a pie chart with no real joke to it, and the Quick Pick's thing was artificially lengthened by reading out the message in its entirety, and it didn't even have a punchline, it was just sort of... there.
Don't misunderstand me, there's nothing wrong in expressing an opinion. but pointless negativity is frowned upon. Just spitting bile and posting comments like "this show sucks" or some such is, well, flaming. I see now in your more recent post you have explained your opinion more, which is better. But criticism should always be constructive, just ranting about why a show is bad doesn't help anyone.

But by saying "It's amazing how overrated this series is", says to me that you don't understand why other people like this series. Which is why I brought up the point about opinions.

But you say you used to like the show, then why did you say the series was over rated? In that context it makes it sound like the series as a whole is over rated. If you had said that this episode, or recent episodes, is/are overrated then it would have made more sense to me.

auronvi

Jul 10, 2009
Quick Picks ftw! Don't give them mercy because thou shalt receive none!

And Kathleen, hot as always!

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
Decabo said:
I appreciate the feedback.
I can also assure you that we're putting as much work into the series as we ever have. More in fact.
The recent format changes (like more stories, and a greater variety of stories) were an attempt to make sure things weren't getting stale (since we felt they sort of were). It takes more writing, and more graphics work every week.

I wrote the pie-chart segment, and I thought retailers spending their markup on Pony Rides was really funny.
I didn't write Quick's Picks (which was a direct parody of Pach Attack, see below), but the humour in it wasn't "punchline" humour.

So, I don't really know what to tell you. I disagree, obviously, but I doubt I can change your mind.

Pach Attack:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-102-pach-attack/61971

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
Chesterfield Snapdragon McFisticuffs said:
Quicks Pick's, are you a dig at Pach-Attack? Because that's totally what I saw, and it was brilliant.
See directly above.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
omg i hope that email was real! if it is then the segment is too damn funny XD

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
irishdelinquent said:
omg, did I see a Ben Affleck action figure from Dogma in Matt's office?! Sweet!
Ben Aflek and Matt Damon actually, I have both angels.

-m

Maibus

Aug 8, 2009
Ok gentlemen, me and a team of top scientists have discovered an incredible way to watch these videos, we figured out a long time ago when the Escapist would put adds with motion you click on that it would lag the video until the add was over, the remedy: just enlarge the video, it makes the ENTIRE screen the video and you can see better in my opinion, it even works with this new system that I'm not particularly a fan of. Next on this team of top scientists' to-do list: making Modern Warfare 2 fun. We don't expect all of us to come back.

widowspeak

May 20, 2009
The only things that could make ENN better than it already is:

1)More segments with Paul.
2)Keeping Quick's Picks as a semi-regular segment.
3)Making sirfragsalot.com into a real si. . .Holy crap! It exists! When did this happen? HOWCOULDIHAVEMISSEDTHIS??!? http://sirfragsalot.com/

Top-notch work, folks. Keep it up. :)

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
Loved it!
Especially "Quicks picks".
I hope they make it a reoccurring event.

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
GrahamS said:
Decabo said:
I appreciate the feedback.
I can also assure you that we're putting as much work into the series as we ever have. More in fact.
The recent format changes (like more stories, and a greater variety of stories) were an attempt to make sure things weren't getting stale (since we felt they sort of were). It takes more writing, and more graphics work every week.

I wrote the pie-chart segment, and I thought retailers spending their markup on Pony Rides was really funny.
I didn't write Quick's Picks (which was a direct parody of Pach Attack, see below), but the humour in it wasn't "punchline" humour.

So, I don't really know what to tell you. I disagree, obviously, but I doubt I can change your mind.

Pach Attack:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-102-pach-attack/61971
To me, ENN shines most when you're putting a creative spin on a common videogame topic. The Sonic episode was brilliant in my opinion, because it took something we've all seen before (Sonic games being called crappy) in a new direction, and it was really funny. To me, the Pie chart segment was sort of like a Family Guy joke, just sort of randomly thrown in. You could've replaced pony rides with ballet lessons, Barbie dolls, or cotton balls, and it would've made the same ammount of sense.

Expanding on the concept behind the Sonic thing would be a great idea in my opinion. A rehab center for WoW players, for example, would be pretty funny to me.

For what little it's worth, I've liked just about all of your work, and have seen every video you've had on the Escapist, so it's not like I don't like your comedy or anything. This is just one person's opinion.

Quinterfresh

May 4, 2009
Olympics was viral marketing for a game. Awesome!
I was playing games instead of watching it anyways.

Jer_LRR

Sep 30, 2009
Decabo said:
To me, ENN shines most when you're putting a creative spin on a common videogame topic. The Sonic episode was brilliant in my opinion, because it took something we've all seen before (Sonic games being called crappy) in a new direction, and it was really funny. To me, the Pie chart segment was sort of like a Family Guy joke, just sort of randomly thrown in. You could've replaced pony rides with ballet lessons, Barbie dolls, or cotton balls, and it would've made the same ammount of sense.

Expanding on the concept behind the Sonic thing would be a great idea in my opinion. A rehab center for WoW players, for example, would be pretty funny to me.

For what little it's worth, I've liked just about all of your work, and have seen every video you've had on the Escapist, so it's not like I don't like your comedy or anything. This is just one person's opinion.
It's a tough line to walk--I appreciate the feedback, having written both the 'Black and Blue Streak' story, and this week's 'Quick's Picks' bit. What it comes down to is everyone likes something different, and we can't please everyone all the time. With the reaction we've seen for 'Quick's Pics', its obvious a lot of folks like it, so we'll probably go back to it eventually--but we can't use it too often or it'll get stale. Similarly, some emails we've got indicated folks were hoping for a continuation of the RPG terrorist story this week, but that's just not the nature of the format--and frankly, breaking the fourth wall like we did last week is something that's fun occasionally, but gets old super quickly. We try to mix things up so that nothing feels stale, and that does mean mothballing good ideas for a while sometimes to spread them out--funny story: we almost didn't do 'Black and Blue Streak' because it was tonally very similar to the previous week's 'Natal Scandal'.

The nice thing about series like this is if you don't like one week's episode, you might like the next one; the curse is that if you really like one week's episode, you wont necessarily get the same buzz off the next one.

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
Jer_LRR said:
Decabo said:

It's a tough line to walk--I appreciate the feedback, having written both the 'Black and Blue Streak' story, and this week's 'Quick's Picks' bit. What it comes down to is everyone likes something different, and we can't please everyone all the time. With the reaction we've seen for 'Quick's Pics', its obvious a lot of folks like it, so we'll probably go back to it eventually--but we can't use it too often or it'll get stale. Similarly, some emails we've got indicated folks were hoping for a continuation of the RPG terrorist story this week, but that's just not the nature of the format--and frankly, breaking the fourth wall like we did last week is something that's fun occasionally, but gets old super quickly. We try to mix things up so that nothing feels stale, and that does mean mothballing good ideas for a while sometimes to spread them out--funny story: we almost didn't do 'Black and Blue Streak' because it was tonally very similar to the previous week's 'Natal Scandal'.

The nice thing about series like this is if you don't like one week's episode, you might like the next one; the curse is that if you really like one week's episode, you wont necessarily get the same buzz off the next one.
With kind and adequate responses from both you and Graham, I feel guilty for the bluntness of my initial remark. It's kind of like what happened with you guys and Uwe Boll. I'll try to keep my feedback constructive.

Thanks for the feedback on my feedback.

Strave

Gallant Gentleman
Feb 5, 2009
"London seeking to strengthen cohesion between communities"? Interesting TinyURL usage there, guys...

Well, I may not have been 100% behind the format change, but either it's starting to grow on me, or they are getting even funnier. Either way, I'm really starting to enjoy the faster paced stories now.

Giving Matt an occasional segment to rant for a little while is brilliant. It suits him perfectly. And Paul's pie-chart segment was quite funny, too; though I can see how some people would dismiss it right into the "LOL-SO-RANDOM" category. People just have different styles of humor that appeal to them, but that's okay.

As an aside to all those complaining about the ads: I really feel that any site that gives users this much free, high-quality material, and that actually PAYS the people that provide the content, can advertise in whatever way they deem fit. And I really enjoy not having to wait through ads for every video I watch. So long as it doesn't affect the content - which it doesn't appear to be doing - it really doesn't affect me.

Last bit of fanboy drivel to the LRR Crew: I really love how you guys actually consistently respond to your feedback, even in places like here, where you would have to read through countless posts without much content. And posts with way too much content (prime example). It really goes above and beyond expectations for, well, pretty much anyone on the internet.

Well then, back to lurk the LRR Forums! Tally-ho!

Jer_LRR

Sep 30, 2009
Decabo said:
With kind and adequate responses from both you and Graham, I feel guilty for the bluntness of my initial remark. It's kind of like what happened with you guys and Uwe Boll. I'll try to keep my feedback constructive.

Thanks for the feedback on my feedback.
No harm: no foul. Look at all the discussion that came of it -- we're all better off in the end :)!

HolidayBrick

Nov 18, 2009
This may be weird, but I'd really like to know if I got this right,

The stack of games next to Matt in Quick's Picks (from what I can tell) is:

The Simpsons Movie
Kameo: Elements of Power
Eternal Sonata
???
??? (Maybe Bad Company, but I doubt it)
Blue Dragon
Beautiful Katamari

Just something I noticed...

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Maybe they need to print the M on the box bigger so stupid mothers don't buy the game for their "sun" anymore. :)

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Haha, I have to say this was probably my favorite ENN yet. I keep forgetting to watch these though, so maybe I'm just under LRR crew nourished :p