Escapist News Network: Quick's Picks

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Quick's Picks

Quick's Picks responds to a viewer email about a misunderstanding with Dante's Inferno.
Become a fan on Facebook! [http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Escapist-News-Network/138150013118]

Watch Video

Crunchy English

Victim of a Savage Neck-bearding
Aug 20, 2008
Its not your net, its some new video player or something. This pop-up window style is awful. No video on the site will play for me now.
When did this happen?

EDIT - Ok, now that the ads load, I can watch it... yay? I mean, I'm all for a profitable Escapist, and it beats front-loading a video with commercials. But there's something unseemly about the Escapist carrying really in your face advertising.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
not a fan of the new player that pops up with an add, but i did love matts segment, though i hope he will start taking real questions.

im glad that a large share of my money goes towards pony rides.

ponys rule.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Interview with Atkinson. That would be hilarious. LRR would own him.

Also, I loved Quick's Picks.

Yaxley

Sep 23, 2009
Between this and Max Effect, Matt is clearly a leading spokesman for abusing people with misconceptions about video games.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
swaki said:
not a fan of the new player that pops up with an add, but i did love matts segment, though i hope he will start taking real questions.

ponys rule.
What are u talking about, that WAS a real question, also I also hate this new pop up shit, its SHIIIT!!

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
People are going to get punished for leaving uncharted 2 games, awesome. But what was with the x-box style announcement that was weird.

Sherlock/

Nov 16, 2009
All this complaining about the popup... just full-screen the video so you don't see it. The only ppl allowed to complain are those that paid for this ad: it is only displayed for half a second of anoyance.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
Quiet Stranger said:
swaki said:

ponys rule.
What are u talking about, that WAS a real question, also I also hate this new pop up shit, its SHIIIT!!
noo, that wasn't real, people aren't that stupid, are they?
and since this was his first segment he couldn't have gotten the email.
[sub]im desperately clinging to my faith that people have common sense[/sub]

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I can't really fault the retailers, most of my money gets used up on hookers, blow, pony rides and Cotton Candy too...

/Same opinion on the pop-up player.
(Although it did work first time for me without any waiting for loading.)

I also love the inclusion of an email segment, sort gives off more of a "This is a real news station" vibe

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
Paul forgot to mention which part of retailer's profits go to building their doom fortress, where they will be selling games out of for even more than we pay for now.