Escapist News Network: Quick's Picks

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
now, if this new Quick's picks isn't pure awesomenessness, then i don't know what is
seriously, this was THE most funny thing i watched in like... well, a long time ^^

please, much much more of this in the future!!

Jer_LRR

ENN Reporter & Photoshop Wizard
Sep 30, 2009
New Rejected ENN stories are up on the LoadingReadyRun blog. We were VERY prolific this week, and left a lot of good stuff unused. Check it out: http://loadingreadyrun.com/blog/?p=953

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
TheyTookOurJobs said:
Was I the only one who heard a mention of Mordin solus?
stukov961 said:
I heard it too.
Was that intentional ENN?
It was actually Morgan Solus (yes, an intentional Mass Effect reference) because he was the Sonic expert in our recent Black & Blue Streak episode.

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
The pop-up (which I'm not even seeing, because it;'s probably region-locked to the US) isn't something that we choose, or have any control over, so please don't complain to us about it :)

Glad (most of) you all like this one!

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
GrahamS said:
The pop-up (which I'm not even seeing, because it;'s probably region-locked to the US) isn't something that we choose, or have any control over, so please don't complain to us about it :)

Glad (most of) you all like this one!
... I got the pop-up player.

-m

Axillion5000

Nov 18, 2009
Great vid guys! Love the Quick's Picks segment, is it gonna be a regular?
One thing tho, and I'll never mention it again if I'm the only one, but I think something needs to be done with the background music when the stories start up. I find it kinda distracting as it is.

also, where can i find a body pillow like that?

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
aw very funny and instead of buying a new game i think i will instead use that money for hookers and blo oh and cotton candy and PONY RIDES!!!

also YAY CANADA!! but it had to be Sidney Crosby to score that goal!

Joe Matsuda

Aug 24, 2009
Slappybob said:
I have to say I do not like the new format. If it were not for Kathleen I would probably ditch this series all together. It seems rushed and the interviews are not as good.
well sir(?), while I disagree with your opinion, me feeling that ENN gets better with every video, I defend to the death your right to share it

...OT, I enjoyed to breakdown of the $60 dollars spent on games, and am sure all of it was fairly accurate...

...now then, lets talk about Kathleen some more...

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
Quick picks was awesome. I love the new segment. I would love to see it every week. Cotton Candy Rules!
I don't really mind the pop out video style.
This just in BUNNIES!

nosole

Has no shoes
May 28, 2009
Great job guys, loved Quick's Picks (you get to share your sarcastic frustrated at the world wit with the escapist now matt!)...

Also I got the pop up but no actual ad... still it threw me off, especially because I run ad-block+ but whatev.

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
Showing Metroid previews in 720p? How lame can you get?

I'll post more later, but my copy of FF8 just came in the mail. I hope it plays as good as it looked in the preview!

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
Decabo said:
It's amazing how overrated this series is. Not one part of that was remotely funny.
It's called an opinion, dude. Just because other peoples don't agree with yours dose not make it wrong.

Though it dose make me wonder why you watched it then. it's not as if it's a new series, so you must have made up your mind long before this episode. And yet you watched it anyways, knowing that you dislike it.
Yes, and I was expressing MY opinion, dude. Funny how you accuse me of not knowing what an opinion is while you jump all over me just for not being one of those "OMG Best 1 EVAR!!!1" people.

The reason I watch this show is because I used to like it. The earlier episodes I thought were quite good. But recently, they've felt phoned in. Look at this one: Paul's report was just a pie chart with no real joke to it, and the Quick Pick's thing was artificially lengthened by reading out the message in its entirety, and it didn't even have a punchline, it was just sort of... there.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Decabo said:
Eric the Orange said:
Decabo said:
It's amazing how overrated this series is. Not one part of that was remotely funny.
It's called an opinion, dude. Just because other peoples don't agree with yours dose not make it wrong.

Though it dose make me wonder why you watched it then. it's not as if it's a new series, so you must have made up your mind long before this episode. And yet you watched it anyways, knowing that you dislike it.
Yes, and I was expressing MY opinion, dude. Funny how you accuse me of not knowing what an opinion is while you jump all over me just for not being one of those "OMG Best 1 EVAR!!!1" people.

The reason I watch this show is because I used to like it. The earlier episodes I thought were quite good. But recently, they've felt phoned in. Look at this one: Paul's report was just a pie chart with no real joke to it, and the Quick Pick's thing was artificially lengthened by reading out the message in its entirety, and it didn't even have a punchline, it was just sort of... there.
Don't misunderstand me, there's nothing wrong in expressing an opinion. but pointless negativity is frowned upon. Just spitting bile and posting comments like "this show sucks" or some such is, well, flaming. I see now in your more recent post you have explained your opinion more, which is better. But criticism should always be constructive, just ranting about why a show is bad doesn't help anyone.

But by saying "It's amazing how overrated this series is", says to me that you don't understand why other people like this series. Which is why I brought up the point about opinions.

But you say you used to like the show, then why did you say the series was over rated? In that context it makes it sound like the series as a whole is over rated. If you had said that this episode, or recent episodes, is/are overrated then it would have made more sense to me.

auronvi

Jul 10, 2009
Quick Picks ftw! Don't give them mercy because thou shalt receive none!

And Kathleen, hot as always!

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
Decabo said:
I appreciate the feedback.
I can also assure you that we're putting as much work into the series as we ever have. More in fact.
The recent format changes (like more stories, and a greater variety of stories) were an attempt to make sure things weren't getting stale (since we felt they sort of were). It takes more writing, and more graphics work every week.

I wrote the pie-chart segment, and I thought retailers spending their markup on Pony Rides was really funny.
I didn't write Quick's Picks (which was a direct parody of Pach Attack, see below), but the humour in it wasn't "punchline" humour.

So, I don't really know what to tell you. I disagree, obviously, but I doubt I can change your mind.

Pach Attack:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-102-pach-attack/61971