Escapist News Network: Room to Grow

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Room to Grow

Paul investigates the space requirements of Kinect.

Watch Video

DeepComet5581

Mar 30, 2010
This is why I love my computer.

Unless Sony and Microsoft can make their Motion Sensor Hardware work well, then they aren't going to get much of that market that the Nintendo Wii chewed up and spat out 3 years ago.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
Is wild flippy hair Kathleen the new action figure you're selling?

And is it just me or did Paul go on a Rick Mercer style rant there? I loved it.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
What Microsoft is telling everyone is to build an extension off the side of your house just to accommodate THE FUTURE OF GAMING!!!

this episode felt a little bit short but i still found it hilarious.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Maybe...maybe they want you to use Kinect in the outdoors? Maybe it's a devious, mischievous and very cunning plan to lure the basement dwelling gamer crowd outside, into the big wide world !

And i want to kill Cyclops too...

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
The part where he was measuring out the dimensions of a room needed for a Kinect gave me a headache. Granted its first thing in the morning, but still >___<

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
HankMan said:
Authoritative, Steadfast, Punctual, Alive ENN
Keava said:
Maybe...maybe they want you to use Kinect in the outdoors? Maybe it's a devious, mischievous and very cunning plan to lure the basement dwelling gamer crowd outside, into the big wide world !

And i want to kill Cyclops too...
The way things are going, soon you're gunna need that boat just to get to the other side of your new 'living room'
And I think we all want a chance to kill Cyclops
... With Wolverine! Jean Grey is MINE! >)
I'm also worried about the size of TV you'll need for 3+ player at time. I suppose for 4 players a 60 inch plasma is required to even be able to see a thing from the other end of your house... If they ever include support for 6 players it will only be playable in your local cinema.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
hmm. It seems to have gotten a tad bit shorter. I don't really expect myself to get a kinnect anytime soon anyways. The price is just a bit to high and the is the fact that i'm a college student and have not gotten employment. The Economy in America seems to be jusy as bad as England's! Brilliant! but I digress....You know what, no i don't. If you need workers and live in the southern U.S states email me! XD T-T

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Now... Imagine the Kinect being used on an ÜberHD TV.

How many people in the world would have that sort of space?!

dls182

Viva La Squir
Jun 15, 2009
Bahahaa... 'Altaïr Has fallen in the water and drowned.' Very nice. Though I think you spelled it 'Altier'... Funny either way

Excellent episode too. Short and punchy

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
"That's not what destiny means."

I was about to rant and rave on the definition of words, but Gram beat me too it in the last seconds of the show.

Good times...

Edit:

P.S. I'd hate to play the Kinect with my wife on my TV... I wouldn't be able to read anything from that distance.

Azure Knight-Zeo

Jun 7, 2010
What's with all the hate towards Cyclops? Sure he's not a cool as Wolverine or Gambit, but why do people hate him? I never read the comics so I wouldn't know if it originated there.

CronoT

May 15, 2010
Did anyone at Microsoft even bother to look into why the EyeToy bombed?

If the mechanic is not built into the console's core design, it is, by definition, a peripheral. The only two peripherals that Nintendo made that were successful was the original NES Zapper, and the Rumble Pack. Everything else was either mildly successful, broke even, or failed outright. I see the Kinect going by the wayside first and fastest, with the PS Move hanging on a little longer, due to the "Me Too" factor from Sony Fanboys.

No one who wants the kind of games that the PS Move/Kinect will provide is going to spend $200-$300 for a console, $100-$150 for the peripheral, and then, finally buy the games. If they want Wii-style motion control games, they'll go buy a Wii. Also, the backlash from the 'hardcore' PS3 crowd so far has almost guaranteed that the PS Move is going to fracture the fanbase.