Escapist News Network: Room to Grow

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
HankMan said:
Authoritative, Steadfast, Punctual, Alive ENN
Keava said:
Maybe...maybe they want you to use Kinect in the outdoors? Maybe it's a devious, mischievous and very cunning plan to lure the basement dwelling gamer crowd outside, into the big wide world !

And i want to kill Cyclops too...
The way things are going, soon you're gunna need that boat just to get to the other side of your new 'living room'
And I think we all want a chance to kill Cyclops
... With Wolverine! Jean Grey is MINE! >)
Look, enough with saying you want to kill Cyclops!

That should just go without saying. I mean who doesn't want to kill Cyclops?

Looks like I'm going to have to knock down a few walls in my living room.

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
I'm in Student Accomodation, I'm going to have to knock down several walls before I get to play Kinnect.

This makes me so angry I could just kill Cyclops right about now!

gallaetha_matt

Feb 28, 2010
Azure Knight-Zeo said:
What's with all the hate towards Cyclops? Sure he's not a cool as Wolverine or Gambit, but why do people hate him? I never read the comics so I wouldn't know if it originated there.
He's a jobsworth, by the book, taddle tale. Think of every middle manager you've ever dealt with in your life. That's what Cyclops is like in the comics.

Kanjidude

Proud ENN Fan
Sep 23, 2009
I detect huge quantities of fail for that mutated EyeToy. Apart from the space requirements, who would want to play something without any buttons whatsoever?! There's a limit to how many tennis or Wave-your-arms-around party games people will want to buy.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Azure Knight-Zeo said:
What's with all the hate towards Cyclops? Sure he's not a cool as Wolverine or Gambit, but why do people hate him? I never read the comics so I wouldn't know if it originated there.
Like most comic book characters, it depends on the writer. And in what TV Tropes calls Flanderization [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization], sometimes one trait of a character is exaggerated--especially by later writers--into the only trait of that character.

Cyclops is very serious and responsible because he really believes in Professor Xavier, the X-Men and their mission statement of peaceful human/mutant cohabitation. But most comic fans today probably remember the 1990s comics, when anti-authority antiheroes became fan favourites. So a by-the-book teacher's pet like Cyclops was naturally set up as an obstacle for live-by-their-own rules badasses like Wolverine and Gambit. Whatever interesting character development Cyclops had in the 60s, 70s and 80s was subsumed into making him a glorified hall monitor.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
Zagzag said:
Seemed shorter than usual. I still enjoyed it though!
Yes it was :( and it was so funny too.

Apparently Opposingforcistan isn't a current event as sensitive as Afghanistan or any middle eastern country where the Taliban might reside.

Lastly I LOL'd at the Assassin's Creed Facebook updates xD. "Altair has fallen in water and drowned".

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
I would definitely not have enough room to play the connect in my small appartment - I'd rather go for a game where I could kill Cyclops.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Boyninja616 said:
This is why I love my computer.

Unless Sony and Microsoft can make their Motion Sensor Hardware work well, then they aren't going to get much of that market that the Nintendo Wii chewed up and spat out 3 years ago.
Pre-Orders alone say otherwise, but why let facts get in the way of hatred?

I, however, will enjoy playing Kinect in the only space I have available to do so--In the nearby football stadium. I hope it can distinguish people in the rain, though that's probably what the thermal sensors are for.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
I also want Cyclops to die a horrible, hopefully humiliating and potentially shaming death.
Like having his visor malfunction in a hall of mirrors...

I loved Paul's brilliant rant. While I'm lucky enough to have a generously sized living room, the Kinect's required space sounds ridiculous!!

Great job, guys :)

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
If I decide to get a Kinect it would be troublesome due to my X360 being in my much smaller than a living room...room and moving it from there to my Monolith big screen in the tv room would also mean moving a couch to make enough space to play.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
Really good episode. The size of the room recommendation was great and I especially liked the part at the end about killing Cyclops and that destinies are not chosen.

DeepComet5581

Mar 30, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Boyninja616 said:
This is why I love my computer.

Unless Sony and Microsoft can make their Motion Sensor Hardware work well, then they aren't going to get much of that market that the Nintendo Wii chewed up and spat out 3 years ago.
Pre-Orders alone say otherwise, but why let facts get in the way of hatred?

I, however, will enjoy playing Kinect in the only space I have available to do so--In the nearby football stadium. I hope it can distinguish people in the rain, though that's probably what the thermal sensors are for.
Yeah, and 2 weeks after release, how many of those pre-orders will turn into "Refunds"?

The Wii had problems and only sold well because it was unique. Kinect and Move aren't.

Oh well. Cash Cow goes "Moo".

Oh by the way, "Hatred", as you describe it, would have consisted of "OMG Kinect nd Move is shit LOL". I'm just stating a fact.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
14ft living room? Pfft! Yeah, if you're poor. Now a 65ft living room? That's on your way to middle class ;) (Btw, upper class living rooms are about two or three football fields.)

The banter about Cyclops at the ends was really funny. From what I understand, he is a dick in the comics.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Bringing up the Game Boat was probably the killing point of the episode for me. If only because it's the most worthless thing to ever be marketed.

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
I have a 48 foot living room so HAH! Or, truthfully I wanted the kinect but if that is serious DAMN YOU PAUL! Microsoft