Escapist News Network: Room to Grow

MDSnowman

Apr 8, 2004
HankMan said:
Authoritative, Steadfast, Punctual, Alive ENN
Keava said:
Maybe...maybe they want you to use Kinect in the outdoors? Maybe it's a devious, mischievous and very cunning plan to lure the basement dwelling gamer crowd outside, into the big wide world !

And i want to kill Cyclops too...
The way things are going, soon you're gunna need that boat just to get to the other side of your new 'living room'
And I think we all want a chance to kill Cyclops
... With Wolverine! Jean Grey is MINE! >)
Jean would be the second in the morgue if I thought she'd actually stay dead.

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
Keava said:
Maybe...maybe they want you to use Kinect in the outdoors? Maybe it's a devious, mischievous and very cunning plan to lure the basement dwelling gamer crowd outside, into the big wide world !

Two things:
1) My basement is larger than the living room as is most basements I have seen and/or had adult beverages in. It would get me out of my living room, which has a large window facing the street and natural light, into a basement. They are enforcing the stereotype so no one will want to play it EXCEPT basement dwellers cause it smells weird down there. It will no longer be main stream, thus perfect for the avid gamer.

2) Me 3. Cyclops was always the D-bag that didn't realize he was the D-bag.

WeirdBlueOne

Nov 19, 2009
Good main story, but it just felt short. Good stinger too!
Lotta cyclops hate going on here. I don't like him that much either, but i want to know WHY.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
McMarbles said:
It's funny 'cause no one likes Cyclops.

NO ONE.
Yeah, he's gotten a lot better recently. This stupid vampire plot can go die in a fire for all I care, but he's certainly a lot better than he used to be.

If anyone needs to die a horrible, horrible death, it's wolverine.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Great episode. Loved the last bit during the credits.
cyclops must die

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Jaredin said:
I love it when Paul Talks science! Fantastic!
I love it when he takes to obvious that should have occured to the rest of us, like the space necessary for the Kinect. I will grant you, I have that much space in my apt, but that's because I have things arranged long-wise.

GaudyMarrko

May 20, 2009
Huzzah being a spoiled rich kid who still lives with his parents pays off, my basement has a solid 22 feet across if you can avoid the sofa, pool table and dvd cabinet. Now I just need a reason to think kinect isn't a waste of time, space and money and I'm all set.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
I loved Paul's segment about the space requirements for Kinect - I don't remember the last time I laughed that much during an ENN episode. Fantastic work this week, guys.

Yankeedoodles

Sep 10, 2010
HankMan said:
Authoritative, Steadfast, Punctual, Alive ENN
Keava said:

The way things are going, soon you're gunna need that boat just to get to the other side of your new 'living room'
And I think we all want a chance to kill Cyclops
... With Wolverine! Jean Grey is MINE! >)
But Cyclops was my favorite. Sure he kind of had a stick up his ass but he was a team player and decent enough leader. Unlike that that renegade Wolverine.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Shouldn't Graham's rant about Medal of Honor been a Headshot segment? It would have been more along the lines of the format, methinks.

Very interesting measurement for the Kinect, there. Always nice to hear another reason not to buy it.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Jaredin said:
I love it when Paul Talks science! Fantastic!

Sad part is he's right. I live in an apartment... There's no way I have the clearance for single player once your take my couch into the equation.

I love the "Can you kill cyclops" rant.

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
I love, love, LOVE this episode. Rather than just making fun of what someone said, they pointed out a real problem in the gaming industry- specifically the Kinect's shortcomings, and thoroughly explained it. What amuses me is that I haven't heard Sony mention this, although the Playstation move will be competing directly with them. This is one of the best examples I can think of to explain why you should get Playstation Move instead, and they apparently just missed this.

Excellent Work you guys! :)

Mosstromo

Jul 5, 2008
Ah... this one was a beautiful episode through and through.
We even get a little of Home Improvement advice.
Great show.

Brandchan

Oct 6, 2010
I for one would also enjoy killing off Cyclops. I just never like his character. In the cartoon he was the best douche ever and in the comics he just never seemed to be an effective leader. It was more like yeah we only listen to you because Professor Xavier tells us to. Though he isn't the only member of the X-men I wouldn't mind letting die.