Escapist News Network: Sony's Crazy Marketing

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Arkhangelsk said:
Keava said:
Somehow the whole button thing reminds me of 2 Stupid Dogs cartoon...
Ah, the memories...

Yay for baboons. Better than Bobby Kotick.
Yep, couldn't agree more.
I mean come on Activision! ANYTHING is better than your current CEO. Get a monkey, it's far more economical and better!

thorin01

May 15, 2010
So Paul now plays three characters;

Marc Sauceman, Paul Saunders and now Pul Saunders.

Cool.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
SensibleCrout said:
Wait, "Lithe"? [scratches head...]
Not exactly a word I would use for the ENN crew, but it would have been worse with a Quix pix in there. Ryan is definitely not Lithe.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I would have personally gone down the thought trail of throwing shit on their ideas or something.

TetsuoKaneda

Feb 11, 2009
Could it be possible that "Pul Sanders" was intentional? I seem to remember that being a Winnie the Pooh reference, though it's been aeons since I've read any A.A. Milne.

Not contradicting those who thought differently, just throwing a weird thought out there for people to discuss.

nipsen

Sep 20, 2008
Well, you know, /one/ baboon at the top, instead of a worthless milk-carton salesman.. that actually would be a good idea, and would be a huge improvement for Sony.

It's these other couple of hundred monkeys Sony employ in their subdivisions that causes the problems..

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
I'm going against everyone here to say that the two typos I noticed (Pul, Junrior) were intentional.

The reason is I believe that ENN is actually being edited by an orangutan.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
Baboons dont require dental benefits ? Have you ever actually seen a baboon ?

Stevo_s

Working on Avatar
Jan 24, 2010
I liked the yay buttons thought it was funny and cute!:[

HOLD UP!
which band? The Deer Hunter OR The Dear Hunter
The The Dear Hunter is one of my favorite bands!

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Graham... you hate the animals?

But why? WHYYYY?! They're so cute and fluffy and keep the ecosystem going! -tears into a delicious hamburger- I mean, seriously. Why hurt animals?

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
nothri said:
.......yeah, I thought that joke with the baboons was funny...back when this show was called southpark and the baboons were jelly fish charged with creating family guy jokes.
it was manatees :D

OT: One of the best ENNs yet

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Lithe, good one dudes.

I like how Jeremy Patter is neither the guy who is always on the joke nor the straight man that realizes how weird all of this is, he is the latter trying to be the former. It makes his reports look so tightly written, even in simple lines like "I see... what?"

feycreature

May 6, 2009
Oh my god... that is real. That is a real thing. And it is every bit as ridiculous as it seemed. I thought they were making up a more far-fetched version of the actual campaign. I am awestruck. Not enough to buy it. An ad page about buttons in a writing style that sounds like a 40 year old business exec trying to imitate a 13 year old stoner isn't terribly compelling. But still, it does remind you of the marvelous human potential for sheer badger-in-my-pants crazy (not my phrase).

Sheinen

Apr 22, 2009
I just don't understand...Sony were smart enough to keep their name off of every page of that website but stupid enough to pay someone to make it.

No, worse, there was a meeting where somebody pitched this idea to them and they said 'yeah! We'll do that! We are so totally connected to our market!' presumably whilst smoking rolled up 100 dollar bills and laughing at poor peoples haircuts.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Does it mean I need to go to bed when the first thing I notice is Pul's tongue clicking when he speaks on ENN?