Escapist News Network: Sony's Crazy Marketing

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
WoD MMO got face time on ENN! Yay!

* runs off to tell everyone at CCP and WW *

This MMO will be the greatest thing since EVE Online! It will rule the niche market for decades to come! It will be my home for countless hours, like no other MMO!

...and since I don't play any MMOs that's not saying a lot. I'm also saying a daily prayer that the game will not be a pile of boring crap on top of a mountain of dung.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
I noticed the typo! Pul Sanders! But i was Ninja'd...

Great episode this week, monkey buisness!

webrunner

Sep 23, 2009
Sony policy requires exactly one division to be a trainwreck at any one time. The PSP launch was terrible, but the PSP got better when they announced the PS3's 499 enemy crabs. Then the PSPgo was on the table when the 299 PS3 slim was announced. Now they've got the move.

sketchesofpayne

Sep 11, 2008
Yes, Sony has a history of excellent products and terrible marketing.

The bit about the deer hunter games cracked me up!

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
The only good marketing Sony ever had is Kevin Butler. Everything else stinks. Especially Marcus. He makes me want to smash my PSP just for spite. Oh yeah, that'd be some nice-a spite.

I like yaybuttons.com though. It's not just good against Kinect, but it works really well against the iPhone and other stupid cell phones that think they are game platforms but only have a touch screen.

I also share in Graham's facepalm about the "monkey business" pun.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Sketchesofpayne and mjc0961, what are you talking about? Marketing is what Sony has always been by far the best at.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Deer Hunter? Even if the graphics and gunplay was stellar, it would still be beyond boring.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
On the subject of hunting and deer, does anyone here remember Deer Avenger? Man, I miss that game.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Jbird said:
On the subject of hunting and deer, does anyone here remember Deer Avenger? Man, I miss that game.
I do, that game made Deer Hunter ideas fun

On topic, great show, just went to check out yaybutton.com and ya...kinda crazy. In my opinion Kevin Butler was the best marketing they did, they should have stuck with him for their promos

Theistic

Oct 27, 2009
Great. Thanks. My parents thought I was doing homework and the punchline about Deer Hunter from Mr. Stark made me laugh so loud they realized I was doing jack-all.

Super as always, although it felt a bit short.