Escapist News Network: The Newsroom: Dead Dragon Distance

Nephilium

Oct 29, 2009
BeepBoopBrother said:
I totally agree.
I REALLY hate that Dead Space 2 ad campaign.
My mom never gave a damn about what I played and she still doesn't.
Now actually try to sell the game to me, EA.
This, Im 27, why the hell would my mother care what i play after work. Idiots in marketing need to take a better look at the ACTUAL age of the target audence of there games.

bawkbawkboo1

Nov 20, 2008
Ceiling fans don't actually reduce temperature, they just blow air around. Heat energy isn't really taken out of the room.

I really lol'd at the price is right reference.

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
What is sad is that this basically proves that they* are marketing to kids. Which the industry has been trying to say isn't what is going on.

*The makers of Deadspace 2... not every video game company. But they all get linked together by people outside of the industry anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
This format is... okay, but can we get some actual ENN sometime? It's bad enough that you've gone biweekly, but now you give us these "Newsroom" episodes instead of the original show? To this user, they feel more like an unfinished normal episode... the thought process behind it without any major effort put behind it. It's especially worrying when you follow up this episode with "we only have so much time." Are you saying that the ENN show barely has time for a minimalist backstage discussion now? I admit, stuff like Daily Drop can be entertaining at times, but is ENN really getting sacrificed for shows like that?

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Awesome episode.
Hands down Paul wins it, though, with his Kingdom Hearts 3D title: Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dun Dun Dun
I honestly laughed out loud. Just awesome.
Whatever the format, I love this show! Keep it up!

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Kimarous said:
This format is... okay, but can we get some actual ENN sometime? It's bad enough that you've gone biweekly, but now you give us these "Newsroom" episodes instead of the original show? To this user, they feel more like an unfinished normal episode... the thought process behind it without any major effort put behind it. It's especially worrying when you follow up this episode with "we only have so much time." Are you saying that the ENN show barely has time for a minimalist backstage discussion now? I admit, stuff like Daily Drop can be entertaining at times, but is ENN really getting sacrificed for shows like that?
From what I heard somewhere a while ago, they did all of the filming for Daily drop over like a week or two period and have just been rolling them out once a day. They had to rent a very expensive high speed camera to shoot with, and they don't have unlimited access to it to actually film every day. So that wouldn't be consuming a huge amount of time for them ( apart from editting)

but they're busy people. they have to write shoot and edit 2-3 other videos a week, as well as make podcasts, and all the other miscellaneous work associated with LRR, as well as probably have some kind of life outside of just doing LRR.

That said, I think it'd be awesome if ENN went back to weekly, and alternated between formal ENN and newsroom every week.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
So, i'm assuming that this is just you guys brainstorming and making these jokes up on the spot, which is fine, i rather like it, but if that the case they cant take that long to make, a afternoon in good company, so maybe go back to weekly and make these in between the "real" ENN, or stay bi-weekly and post these for the subscription people, I'm not a member but they seem like they could use some extra videos, and i would definitely jump subscribe if you did.

I thought it was a all right episode, again assuming that its all made up over the course of a couple of hours, but not nearly as good as the "real" ENN (sorry for using that term, but just "ENN" is a little vague and "regular ENN" sounds like something that will help me poo).

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
As much as I'm enjoying ENN: Phailhaüs edition, it may alienate fewer fans of the 'original' ENN if you do this format, then the original. Alternate episodes.

Or not. I'll be watching either way.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
I lol'd like scream Lol'd at "Kingdom Hearts: ...Dum Dum DUM!"
I love you Paul. Also, my mother is now worried. XD

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Thank you, Graham, for encapsulating my disgust for the Dead Space 2 ad campaign, where everyone told me I was being an oversensitive jerk for thinking it was an awful idea.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
CitySquirrel said:
What is sad is that this basically proves that they* are marketing to kids. Which the industry has been trying to say isn't what is going on.

*The makers of Deadspace 2... not every video game company. But they all get linked together by people outside of the industry anyway, so it doesn't matter.
For the most part, you're right. I would say that Mass Effect was not marketed to kids though.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
I liked this episode better than the last one. The zoo on the blackboard was a nice touch.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
I thought the comments last time were largely in favour of the old format, but yet we're got newsroom again...is there at least going to be some alternating?

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
Actually.... I like both "ENN news beta" and "ENN news Complete, packaged". Both have unique styles in them... but I'd hate to see one of them being dropped out, I never get why you guys(yes... and girls) would turn such popular vid-project in to a biweekly show, I was hoping that you guys would do the 2 variations side by side; ENN briainstorm, ENN complete, ENN brainstorm, then ENN complete again, EVERY WEEK!(please?) I don't mind if it is the same thing/subject, just one is complete, the other one is at planting phase.... but I'd like to see ENN every week (and I know there is MANY others who would like that too)... sounds like a crunch time request... don't HAVE TO, just personal wish, and I DO KNOW doing 2 shows per week is hard... result/answer from you, I'd take a "no" ok too... if that's the case.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Jbird said:
Yes!! More ENN: Phailhaüs Edition!

And no one correct me, because that is what this will be to me.
I know that is why I started watching ENN again. Rather It is why I started watching ENNN.

carnkhan4 said:
I thought the comments last time were largely in favour of the old format, but yet we're got newsroom again...is there at least going to be some alternating?
You heard them. They listened to some of the feedback.

sgwee

Dec 13, 2009
dead space 2 ad campaign- suck
dead space 2 demo on 360- freakin awesome

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
So essentially it's: Dead Space 2, you're Mom doesn't like it, not that she'll actually play it, so essentially this message is rather redundant, as the only people who would buy a game just to spite their Mother isn't old enough to buy this game, my gosh we're stupid, every word we say right now is wasted money.