Escapist News Network: The Newsroom: Dead Dragon Distance

itf cho

Custom title? Bah! oh wait...
Jul 8, 2010
I wasn't completely sold on the new format last week, but I really enjoyed this episode. And they certainly did get one thing right... Justin Bieber does blow.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
It'd be nice to see the original format again, but that Venn at the beginning of the episode makes it worth it. :)
carnkhan4 said:
I thought the comments last time were largely in favour of the old format, but yet we're got newsroom again...is there at least going to be some alternating?
We can only hope.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
Graham_LRR said:
Doing a spot on Reading Rainbow Reffernce
I remember the episode where Levar took the kids backstage on Star Trek: TNG (I think it included a "Supper Bunny" book). It was a geeks dream come true. But you don't have to take my word for it ...

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
punipunipyo said:
Actually.... I like both "ENN news beta" and "ENN news Complete, packaged". Both have unique styles in them... but I'd hate to see one of them being dropped out, I never get why you guys(yes... and girls) would turn such popular vid-project in to a biweekly show, I was hoping that you guys would do the 2 variations side by side; ENN briainstorm, ENN complete, ENN brainstorm, then ENN complete again, EVERY WEEK!(please?) I don't mind if it is the same thing/subject, just one is complete, the other one is at planting phase.... but I'd like to see ENN every week (and I know there is MANY others who would like that too)... sounds like a crunch time request... don't HAVE TO, just personal wish, and I DO KNOW doing 2 shows per week is hard... result/answer from you, I'd take a "no" ok too... if that's the case.
I second this arguement!

NewYork_Comedian

Nov 28, 2009
vxicepickxv said:
CitySquirrel said:
What is sad is that this basically proves that they* are marketing to kids. Which the industry has been trying to say isn't what is going on.

*The makers of Deadspace 2... not every video game company. But they all get linked together by people outside of the industry anyway, so it doesn't matter.
For the most part, you're right. I would say that Mass Effect was not marketed to kids though.
Sadly Dragon Age was. Hell just watch the trailers with explosions everywhere and Heavy Metal in the background >_< And this is even worse than that! I do wonder if there's a circle of hell for evil marketers, RUN by the EA marketers.

LimeJester

Mar 16, 2009
punipunipyo said:
I was hoping that you guys would do the 2 variations side by side; ENN briainstorm, ENN complete, ENN brainstorm, then ENN complete again, EVERY WEEK!(please?) ... and I DO KNOW doing 2 shows per week is hard... result/answer from you, I'd take a "no" ok too... if that's the case.
Technically right now they do 2 weekly shows (LRR + Unskippable), plus biweekly ENN. Add on top of that all the bonus content they put up on their website, organizing DB4H months ahead of time, and jobs, family, friends, etc. I think the LRR crew has their hands full. I'd rather see one well done biweekly ENN video than two weekly rushed ENN's. If they are rushing one project, all their projects are going to suffer, plus their personal lives. That's how people get burnt out and quit what they are doing.

Long Live The LRR!

Ashoten

Aug 29, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Seriously? People are preordering for a thousand bucks?
The worst part about that is if enough people preorder it then the company will probably raise the price over $1000.

Also: "Desperately dying of Dyssentary" lol

BrunDeign

Feb 14, 2008
While I agree with the thing about good games being somewhat scarce on the Wii, when they are actually good games they ARE GREAT GAMES. Donkey Kong, No More Heroes, Super Mario Bros, Mad World, to name a few.

Also the TRULY TERRIBLE games are only ever really found on the 360 and maybe the PS3.

Sonic Free Riders anyone? Or maybe Mindjack?

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
Kimarous said:
This format is... okay, but can we get some actual ENN sometime? It's bad enough that you've gone biweekly, but now you give us these "Newsroom" episodes instead of the original show? To this user, they feel more like an unfinished normal episode... the thought process behind it without any major effort put behind it. It's especially worrying when you follow up this episode with "we only have so much time." Are you saying that the ENN show barely has time for a minimalist backstage discussion now? I admit, stuff like Daily Drop can be entertaining at times, but is ENN really getting sacrificed for shows like that?
Actually, this format takes more time to film and edit than 'classic' ENN - we only edit together the good stuff - we film a LOT more and then re-do, edit, and cut, cut, cut. It only appears totally 'off the cuff'.

We're not sacrificing ENN for other shows - we're trying to find a format that Escapist viewers want to see.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
This is fun but I hope that this isn't all the show is going to be ever again, it would be nice if more episodes like this were mixed in with episodes with the old format.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Baby Tea said:
Awesome episode.
Hands down Paul wins it, though, with his Kingdom Hearts 3D title: Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dun Dun Dun
I honestly laughed out loud. Just awesome.
Whatever the format, I love this show! Keep it up!
I agree one hundred percent. I had the same reaction.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Best ENN Newsroom episode so far because I'm sure there will be more awesome episodes for the next ENN be it news report or newsroom. I would like to see weekly episodes but I can wait till the 16th for another episode especially if its gonna be as good or greater than this episode.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
I like this, but I think that it'd be cooler as a "every other time" type of format. It's not really Phailhaus because it's all game related and you lose some of the idiotic things people do, not to mention there's no "pic of the day, day of the day, word of the day," etc.

These are fun and enjoyable, but I also enjoyed the old ENN. Now, if we could get the actual Phaiulhaus here like once a month or so, and then also ENN, that would be AWESOME, but I don't want LRR to die of exhaustion, lol. I particularly enjoyed the Mario fan. My friend has a plate with Mario on it.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
This newsroom format is still lame. Also, I spotted jump cuts. Shame on you. Go back to the previous format.