Escapist News Network: The Newsroom: Dead Dragon Distance

eva243

Jan 29, 2009
I so agree with their commentary on the dead space 2 ads. They're such shit :/

Which is why they are rated S :D

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Eh, I liked the ad campaign. It's better than just showing some gameplay with MELO-DRAMATIC NARRATION! like most games do.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Aptspire said:
it's pretty good, except for one thing:
not enough time for all the stuff that happened this week? then how about making one video per week, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh?
Considering this week's ENN Rejected was a good four minutes long...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I don't think I've laughed so much at a video in some time. That was great. I loved the Dead Space 2 ad counter campaign.
Although I guess that ad campaign is a step up from the Dante's Inferno ad campaign, I hadn't thought of that.

JoeCool385

May 10, 2010
And now that I watched it, I have to wait another two weeks for the next one. Saddest thing about ENN :(

The Big Eye

Truth-seeking Tail-chaser
Aug 19, 2009
I always liked the first half of the ENN shows (and the after-credits sequence, of course). The editorial bits were usually pretty obnoxious. The newsroom is basically the first half of ENN made into an entire show, which I think is kind of great.

Also, big props for your thoughts on the Dead Space advertising campaign. Said exactly what I was thinking.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
I've really enjoyed these two episodes although I hope it doesn't become the standard format - I think it works better as an occasional special.

markt1964

Sep 2, 2010
Please bring back more real ENN. While this sort of format can be interesting, I really think it only maintains that as an occasional break from the regular show. I don't think I enjoy it much as I do the regular newscast format.

Besides, I also really miss the adjective of the week... or fortnight, I guess would be more correct now.

Er... I just had a thought. Are you guys starting to get burned out? I mean, first you switch ENN over to biweekly... and now you're giving us what are basically ENN brainstorming sessions instead of actual ENN. I dunno... it's just a fleeting thought, but I hope it's not the case.

I also hope that I don't sound like I'm coming from a sense of entitlement. I just miss the old format is all.

Anyways, that's my 2c.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Sorry, I'm not yelling, but I'm putting this in bold so people see it:

WE DON'T GET TO CONTROL HOW OFTEN WE DO THE SHOW.
PLEASE STOP TELLING US TO "GO BACK TO WEEKLY" OR SAYING THAT WE'RE LAZY/BURNED OUT FOR "DECIDING" TO GO BI-WEEKLY.
We produce the show, we do not decide the schedule.

Thank you.

cornmancer

Dec 7, 2009
I like the Newsroom thing, but I like regular ENN too. Maybe you could come back to doing it once a week and just alternate. One week newsroom, one week ENN. Unless of course you're doing this because ENN is too much work. In which case all I ask is this once a week.

edit: Hadn't seen that. ^^ All apologies.

KoolKomedian

Jul 5, 2009
Please, no more newsroom, I know it must be hard to run about 5 different shows on here, but this newsroom format seems like a cheap way to safe time, and its not working. Yes its still a funny show, but this format really doesn't visuals anymore if its just you guys sitting around a table with iPads. Either go back to looking like an actual news show or just got the next step and make it an audio podcast cause the "newsroom" is not that visually interesting.

cornmancer

Dec 7, 2009
^Personally, I like the newsroom one a bit better. I just think I'll miss stuff like Headshots and Quick's Picks. My 2 cents.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
markt1964 said:
Are you guys starting to get burned out? I mean, first you switch ENN over to biweekly... and now you're giving us what are basically ENN brainstorming sessions instead of actual ENN.
Moving to bi-weekly was not our own choice.
carnkhan4 said:
I thought the comments last time were largely in favour of the old format, but yet we're got newsroom again...is there at least going to be some alternating?
Actually, the comments were mostly in favour of the new format, or "I could go either way". There were some dislikes, but the majority was definitely in favor of this.
Kimarous said:
It's especially worrying when you follow up this episode with "we only have so much time."
That was a joke. These take just as much, if not more, effort than before.
Aptspire said:
it's pretty good, except for one thing:
not enough time for all the stuff that happened this week? then how about making one video per week, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh?
Sounds like fun. Sadly, see above.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Thank you, Graham, for encapsulating my disgust for the Dead Space 2 ad campaign, where everyone told me I was being an oversensitive jerk for thinking it was an awful idea.
Really? What sad people are you surrounded by?

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
Jbird said:
Edit: Phun Phact: Iph you want to use the special version of the letter "u", just hold the Alt key and type 129. Enjoy =)
Or like us cool kids you turn on the international keyboard and type " then the u, for a "ü" !

OT:
I want Oregon Trail 3D, good suggestion Graham. Now we wait for some odd indie coder to attempt while we watch they fight laughter and disappointment when they mysteriously disappear.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
whaleswiththumbs said:
Jbird said:
Edit: Phun Phact: Iph you want to use the special version of the letter "u", just hold the Alt key and type 129. Enjoy =)
Or like us cool kids you turn on the international keyboard and type " then the u, for a "ü" !

killa_kid

Mar 17, 2009
Wow, Graham's reaction to Bieber was exactly mine. Bravo Graham, you are now my personal saviour.