Escapist News Network: The Newsroom: Dead Dragon Distance

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
I just noticed something.. The riffing about "Dream Drop Distance".. Kathleen, not sure if you're aware, but you guys have a series called Daily Drop. COINCIDENCE!? :O

Warachia said:
I still don't like this new style, it seems lazy compared to the others.

Also, you guys REALLY seem to be running on fumes.
Then you obviously don't like Phailhaus. I love this round-table riffing format of comedy. That's what it is. It's comedy. About games and pop culture stuff. It's not supposed to be completely serious and/or actual news reporting. That's what the writing journalists like John Funk and such are there for.

Gsteve

Nov 4, 2010
Man, Jeremy has the best word jokes. First the aged man in a queue drinking tea, and now Dissonant and Demented Diction.

markt1964

Sep 2, 2010
Aw, damn...

There were three series that I really liked and religiously viewed when I first heard of the Escapist - I Hit it with my Axe, Doraleus and Associates, and ENN.

Now, all three are gone.

I don't mean to come across as being someone who feels entitled... I'm just really, really sad about this. I feel like my last friend who lives close to me just died.

MBE

Jul 1, 2009
Vault Citizen said:
Is there any chance we can sacrifice Daily Drop to the pagan Gods to ressurect ENN?
I concur. Daily Drop is crap. It's based on a Letterman bit two decades ago (or more). Once you drop a crock of napalm off a four-story tower, followed by a couple bushels of watermelon, and now you're dropping spare change, you're pretty much done with the meme.

Bring back ENN!

Price0331

Mar 8, 2009
MBE said:
Vault Citizen said:
Is there any chance we can sacrifice Daily Drop to the pagan Gods to ressurect ENN?
I concur. Daily Drop is crap. It's based on a Letterman bit two decades ago (or more). Once you drop a crock of napalm off a four-story tower, followed by a couple bushels of watermelon, and now you're dropping spare change, you're pretty much done with the meme.

Bring back ENN!

/agree

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
Don't cancel ENN, I LOVE ENN over Punctuation! Really!~ infect, sometimes over even LRR! because the nature of this website, being a game review/interview/previews mag, ENN is more game related than other LRR team does, not that I don't enjoy other programs, but I just simply enjoy ENN more!

Really, it's ok to show the same episode/topic/title twice, just do it in a ENNN, then follow by an episode of ENN the next week, that way we get ENN(N) every week! (by that I mean week one, ENNN; beta, planing, maybe even NGs! Week two, actual ENN complete, with the same topic as last week's beta) there, 2 weeks project, but 2 vids, and EVERYONE IS HAPPY!~....assumed that you guys are still "fire"(passionate) about making ENNs, because we can't wait to see then next episode! (next to "extra credit")

Da_Vane

Dec 31, 2007
This blows - ENN was, without a doubt, my favourite series on the Escapist. Although I love Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation, Extra Credits, and the crew's own Loading Ready Run, ENN really hit the spot for me. Now it's gone!?

Screw entitlement - I'm really beginning to think that the Escapist has no idea what is actually worth keeping on and what isn't, and this shows it. As it is, it seems the Escapist is really losing it's edge...

I wasn't a fan of the new format of ENN, but I'd be perfectly fine with them going bi-weekly, since this would give them twice the amount of news to joke about, so they can actually choose the best bits. They could even have the Newsdesk as "behind the scenes" footage - it always seemed unfinished to me.

Please come back, ENN. Otherwise, I'm seriously going to have to think about whether it's worth hanging around the Escapist any more. What's next to get the axe - I used to visit here daily with something new worth viewing. Now...

Lillowh

Oct 22, 2007
Wow. This is sad. I was wondering why the Escapist was beginning to feel shitty. Then I realized there hasn't been ENN for a while. I like how that piece of crap Game Dogs stayed for two seasons (thank god you put it out of it's misery), now this is gone? What absolute crap.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
I just saw this. I know I'm late to the train but I really hate to see ENN go. I didn't find the new style to be anything like Phailhaus, and I enjoyed the previous style better, but I did enjoy watching ENN regardless. It's good that the crew have more time for their other probjects now, but I will miss ENN. So long as LRR and Unskippable keep airing, I'll be ok for my LRRfix with bonuses, Phailhauses and Crapshots. (Firefox has mentioned to me just now that none of those titles are actual words.) I'll miss ENN, ya'll made me laugh with the ones you had, but I know the LRR team isn't done here. I can't wait to see what you cook up next :D