Escapist News Network: West Washing

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
I'm actually hoping for the middle ground. I prefer protagonists of moderate or athletic build to either the waifs or the linebackers. I especially prefer protagonists who act like they have brains once in a while instead of always being one of the four flavours of stupid: angsty, stoic, douchebag or snarky.

Orthon

Mar 28, 2009
Great episode, it highlights the main issue within videogaming: Nobody thinks of the amorphous blobs anymore. :<

Also, did Graham's head freak out or something in the end credits scene? Tried to edit that away all sneaky like, huh?

Logic Sword

Jun 8, 2010
"Does this look like a girl to you?"
"No"
"EXACTLY."

That had me laughing far more than it should. Great episode, as usual :)

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
Ah the Unskippable desk was priceless. I don't thing I've ever laughed at anything in ENN this hard in a long time.

Sosa Star

Nov 23, 2009
I vote for Blobby to become a full newcaster!

Loved the Unskippable (behind the) scene

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
This was by far the funniest episode in weeks. I don't really mind them giving these games to western developers, especially since Castlevania has had it's share of buff, leather-clad protagonists in the old games and DMC was so heavily influenced by western culture to begin with (although, honestly, I only liked the first one) and it's not like they made Dante look like the dudes from GoW (either one). I think the worst example is probably Front Mission Evolved, but what wrecks that is really the writing, which was handled by the Japanese (Front Mission always had by far the best writing of any Square Enix series), and not the gameplay (which is mostly just "meh"). Honestly, we get enough bad games from both sides of the Pacific that I can't see this changing much. Besides which, most of Japan's [b/]good[/b] character designers don't even work in video games.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
I wander how happy The Escapist's very own Sophisticated Amorphous Blob [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Mr.%20Grey] will be about this... XD

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
Wow, the Unskippable thing made me laugh, all it needed was Graham to hand it over to Graham rather than Kathleen and it would have been perfect.

Good episode today, many LOL's to go around.

Solusumbra

Apr 23, 2010
OtherSideofSky said:
(although, honestly, I only liked the first one)
youre kidding right? not only was the combat garbage in that game, the voice acting was laughable, and it didnt really have any interesting characters. dante finally became truly cool in the third one, which is also when the gameplay became great, and the story telling started to not suck.

all this was then perfected in the 4th one (along with the inclusion of nero who, while not in dantes league of awesomeness, is not as fail as so many people would have you believe).

one was mediocre, two is the child locked in the basement.

5 could be good. itll be different, but it might not suck.

someotherguy

Nov 15, 2009
This is the best ENN so far. The unskippable desk, graham holding a gun to his head, the googly eye'd jello. Gold.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I loved the offended jello and the quick cut to the "Unskippable desk". To the guy against "West washing" though, you do realize that a character that's supposed to be a man not looking like a woman is a GOOD thing, right?

Moriarty70 said:
MS-Dos 6. Go back, watch it again, you'll see it. My computer doesn't even have a floppy drive anymore.

C:\Emotions\
run cry.bat
No need, I saw it the first time.