Escapist News Network: West Washing

Arella18

Apr 22, 2009
all I wanna comment on is the last line...the Yakuza would be more likely to survive Z-day

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
sooperman said:
ravensshade said:
sooperman said:
but I think that the silent majority is taking a stand against the weeaboos.
just curious define weeaboos
It's like Japanophile, or Wapanese.
i know that much but define the extent of it since only those extreme cases of it annoy me
for example does saying prefering anime and manga&music over western series,comics and music make you (in your opinion) a weeaboo?
if your awnser is yes IMO that's not a weeaboo

Inuprince

Aug 12, 2008
I hate what they did to the Devil May Cry series so for me it's over ... Perhaps watch some reviews when it comes out but I doubt they will change my mind...
It seems this is what happens when people complain too much...I don't think it's even because of the 4th games financial success since they sold 2.2 million copies in the first weeks...It was all because of the flame about Nero being soo baad ... well here's Dante back for you ... I'm wondering how much people regret there comments now ... I mean come on, half of the game you played as Dante - you can't even say you missed him so much and want him back ...

Oh well, I'm saving my money for Castlevania because it looks awesome and hopefully is a great game. (The only thing I am worried about are control issues )

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
ravensshade said:
i know that much but define the extent of it since only those extreme cases of it annoy me
for example does saying prefering anime and manga&music over western series,comics and music make you (in your opinion) a weeaboo?
if your awnser is yes IMO that's not a weeaboo
The way I see it, you are a weeaboo if you prefer the Japanese culture over your own. If you prefer the music, the comics, the food, the clothes, or any of that, that's fine, I don't mind. But do not bother me about it and don't announce it to the Internet.

If you listen to the music, read their comics, or that sort of thing more than you do our own, you are a weeaboo. That's my definition, feel free to disagree.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
No, don't kill the Unskippable desk with THAT MUCH game footage!

Anyway, this video mentioned the changes to Nier. Nier was always the same design, it wasn't localized for the west... another more anime teen style was in Japan along with the original. If anything it's Japan that localized it despite being their own creation.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
A few things: Goddammit Nintendo, I already own all starts. I don't want to buy it again.
Deadrising 2 is going to ruin my life, but if what is said about Yakuza is true, sounds awesome!
And three: I also find Reach incredibly hard, taking an hour and a half or so per level.

May 25, 2010
"I mean just look at the character for the new Castlevania. Does he look like a girl?"
"-No."
"My point exactly".

Rolling on the floor laughing. No joke.

TheMadTypist

Sep 8, 2009
Okay, that was funny. "That makes it worse!" :gun to head:

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who kept looping 0:23 to make Kathleen say "Bzz" over and over again. Right?

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
PayneTrayne said:
A few things: Goddammit Nintendo, I already own all starts. I don't want to buy it again.
...then, y'know... don't.

Pretty sure it's not mandatory.

The Admiral

Jul 23, 2008
McMarbles said:
PayneTrayne said:

Article 17, Section 3 of the Fanboy Code of Conduct: "All fanboys MUST buy any and all game consoles, games, proliferies, remakes, reiterations, re-releases, series reboots, squeals, and prequeals released by Nintendo."

I guess you have to. It's the law.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
I lol'd at quickbender's voice being cut off while he explains how Halo: Reach on legendary kicked his ass :p

WeirdBlueOne

Nov 19, 2009
Matt's reaction face to the blob was probably the best part of the episode.
I also really like "Does this look like a girl to you?" Me and Jeremy: "No?" "Exactly." Good one guys!
One question though: Why buttons?

Shuzumi

Aug 24, 2010
I saw the new Dante a few days ago... I don't think i'll stop raging until long after i've beaten the game

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Pinstar said:
The question is, what changes (if any) will be made to female characters on a West-washed game?
Smaller boobies?

OT: Wow, i hadn't heard about that Mario thing... I usualy get behind what Nintendo says, but... wow.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
haha!
Good ole Paul... he's not in ENN enough these days.
I loved the episode- especially the "I'M OFFENDED" from the amorphous blob of green goo :p

Jeremy's look of utter confusion is brilliant!

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
McMarbles said:
PayneTrayne said:

My message was poorly conveyed. I meant that as a form of criticism so as to inspire some new work.

ef26fddb

Sep 23, 2010
Was anyone associated actually in Cambridge?
I presume not, given that Jer claims to be lots of places in ENN, and if he were actually everywhere he claimed, you guys would be broke from plane expenses, but maybe Cameron actually was at Harvard?

Also, Graham's head appears to jump as he says "What?" to Kathleen in the credits roll. Is this MPEG v4 failing at motion detection, or some sneaky editing?