Escapist News Network: XBox Platinum

Naturality

Feb 23, 2010
Yo dawg, we herd you like internet humour so we put a meme in yo' ENN so you can lol while you lol.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
That's okay, Half-Life 2 Episode 3 will take Duke Nukem Forever's place in the "never coming out" joke seat.

Also, say what you will about the behavior of some players on Xbox Live, but at least you also have options to avoid playing with those people. If you run into that kind of stuff on Playstation Network, your only option is to leave the match and hope the game doesn't put you back in with the same players again. Which it does. A LOT. Or maybe Red Dead Redemption on the PS3 just hates me.

Of course they could all just go the Wii route and not even offer in-game communication. Never hear anyone complaining about swearing and racial slurs on Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection do you? :p

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
ciancon said:
I know that it's because Arkham Asylum has failed and all the prisoners has escaped to the city. But not calling it Batman: Gotham City is just wrong.

PS Bring on Catwoman!!
Actually it's called Arkham City because the Warden has become Mayor of Gotham City, and has moved Arkham to what used to be a series of slums in Gotham. It develops it's own government and structure thanks to it being cut off and all the inmates being able to run free.

OT: That was pretty funny. Sounds like the Xbox guy agrees with Will Wheaton.

Yankeedoodles

Sep 10, 2010
Really? I still don't like the name though. It seems to promise a Lovecraftian horror/superhero fusion game which I doubt they have any plans to deliver on.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
Wow we really are going to loose that Duke Nukem forever joke.....NOOOOOOO!!! Maybe half-life episode 3 will become the new duke nukem forever.....that or kingdom hearts 3(not eve a bloody trailer or preview in bbs of kh3. What. the. fuck?!!)

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Blue-State said:
therandombear said:
My own headset with a monocle attached to it, and if I upgrade to uber platinum I get a guy to track down people and punch them in the face?

ahh..if only. I would seriously pay for that.
The way you say that makes think of this image of you on on Uber Platinum
You absolute legend.

I have to agree with the sentiment, though... was watching my friend play Gears of War 2 and the utter tripe and racism he had to put up with from these particular English guys.... (I only mention the nationality because that's all he'd say about them they seemed to piss him off so much)

Love the new ENN, guys!

Duke Nukem Forever is going to be interesting to say the least, loved Kathleen's stinger at the end! :D

Xelien

Oct 22, 2008
Duke Nukem Forever seriously needs to have a release date on an April 1st, just to screw with everyones minds.

Tag Zero

Sep 16, 2010
Paul Saunders,

Please quit, you can't act and your voice is awful.

Kathleen, cool. Graham, cool. Jeremy, cool.
You guys are awesome and do a great job, convince Paul to quit, he?s holding you back.

MadeinHell

Jun 18, 2009
Really nice greenscreening in the interview part of the show ;).

Yes, I did notice it anyway ^_^.

Nickisimo

Apr 14, 2009
Tag Zero said:
Paul Saunders,

Please quit, you can't act and your voice is awful.

Kathleen, cool. Graham, cool. Jeremy, cool.
You guys are awesome and do a great job, convince Paul to quit, he?s holding you back.
He has a deep voice kinda like mine, not much you can do about that. He's still funny as hell on Unskippable and I think he does fine on the show.

On topic: One of the better shows in a while, I thought. XBL is such a moral wasteland that I enabled virtually every privacy feature on it a long time ago(no voice, hide my online status, etc.). The monocle was amazing, should have included Dr. Evil-esque pinkie ring too. Even after DNF is done...it's still a joke, and unless the game is the best of all time(and probably even if it is) people will still laugh at it.

And I'll see your yo dawg and raise you...

Centrophy

Dec 24, 2009
Oh, you forgot HL2: E3 will never come out... still Duke Nukem Forever did blend nicely with Did Not Finish...

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Just noticed the scrolling text saying "Arkham County in development" hur hur hur...

Hey, MAW! There's some half burnt lookin' varmint shootin' up the cabbage patch!

Yes, this is my elseworld's vision where Gotham City is located in Hicksville, Alabama...

Or worse... West Cork (Ireland, where I'm from)... :p

To anyone from Alabama!

I arbitrarily selected your state as I only know a handful of US states. Nothing personal!