Escapist News Now: Elder Scrolls Anthology Announced

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
What, no Horse Armor for Oblivion included?

RIPOFF.

Just kidding. This is amazing value, I might pick it up just to get working copies of Arena, Daggerfall -- and the maps. Seriously, the maps are worth it alone, I picked up Skyrim digitally through Steam and really wish I hadn't.

Phuctifyno

Jul 6, 2010
I don't game on PC all that much, having only a laptop, and have nowhere near enough time in my life to devote to these kinds of games anymore... but I will probably get this just to have it, in case I ever do by chance obtain the time or hardware. Also, the box and maps look pretty.

Henriot

Dec 15, 2011
erbkaiser said:

RIPOFF.

Just kidding. This is amazing value, I might pick it up just to get working copies of Arena, Daggerfall -- and the maps. Seriously, the maps are worth it alone, I picked up Skyrim digitally through Steam and really wish I hadn't.
You know you can get Arena and Daggerfall from the Elder Scrolls website, for free? A slightly clunky setup, but would come under your definition of "working copies".

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
Damn, if only this had been announced a few months ago, I would have decided then and there to get a gaming PC for the next generation. Either way, I will hope to find this whenever I do get a good enough computer.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
erbkaiser said:

RIPOFF.

The Knights of the Nine expansion includes all DLC for the PC version. So you'll get your horse armor if you buy this package.

OT: Too bad I already own all the games and their DLCs in this package, excluding the first two games, because they're freely available from Bethesda. Only reason for me to get this would be for the maps and the box itself.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Henriot said:
erbkaiser said:
You know you can get Arena and Daggerfall from the Elder Scrolls website, for free? A slightly clunky setup, but would come under your definition of "working copies".
I couldn't get either game to work when they first released them there. I'll have to see if the copies in this collection are different somehow.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Insert obligatory "Shut up and take my money!" image here. Now if you don't mind I'm going to sit in a corner and drool for a month...

SlightlyEvil

Jan 17, 2008
I would say "take my money", except I own all of these. Or at least, the 3 that aren't already free.

leviathanmisha

Jun 21, 2009
Oddly enough, I only have Oblivion on the PC (Morrowind disappeared in the ether years ago), so this is definitely being bought.

(I may have also made a totally inappropriate noise when I saw what the anthology included.)

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
No console version?

*Crys*

The again suppose its to much to get Morrowind, Daggerfall and Arena to work on the 360/ps3

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Well, I kinda own already pretty much all of them. Well daggerfall and Arena I don't but you get what I mean.

It is kinda though to make this a worthy purchase. Still someone will love and buy it I am sure!

*Downloads Arena and Daggerfall* Well that was easy now I got the full collection. Awesome!

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
...Does it have Battlespire?

Probably not :(

I hope TES VI is located in Elsweyr. The khajiit are due for a lore exploration. We've already experienced in-depth lore surrounding Orsinium, High Rock, Hammerfall(TWICE!), Skyrim, Cyrodiil, and Morrowind. All that's left are Valenwood, Elsweyr, Summerset Isles, and Black Marsh.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
arc1991 said:
No console version?

*Crys*

The again suppose its to much to get Morrowind, Daggerfall and Arena to work on the 360/ps3
Morrowind can be played on 360... it just suffers from even worse load times than the OG Xbox :p

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
erbkaiser said:

RIPOFF.

I have to imagine a collection like this would include all that extra little DLC they did. I hope it does at least.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
Scow2 said:
...Does it have Battlespire?

Probably not :(

I hope TES VI is located in Elsweyr. The khajiit are due for a lore exploration. We've already experienced in-depth lore surrounding Orsinium, High Rock, Hammerfall(TWICE!), Skyrim, Cyrodiil, and Morrowind. All that's left are Valenwood, Elsweyr, Summerset Isles, and Black Marsh.
Personally I want to see Valenwood and the beautiful forests of the Bosmer.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
Well, considering I've never played any of the TES games before Oblivion, I'll probably get this to be able to play the original few games. I did try Daggerfall years ago, but I was too young to have the patience for it then. Plus the maps are a neat edition.

CaptainThom

Jun 24, 2013
erbkaiser said:

RIPOFF.

Why what was the problem?

CaptainThom

Jun 24, 2013
erbkaiser said:
CaptainThom said:
Why what was the problem?
Digital = no map. Sure I could print a PDF of it, but that's not the same.
Oh i see i guess i assumed you meant something wrong with steam. I bought Skyrim for Xbox initially so i already had a map but it does suck you don't get it with the steam edition.