Escapist News Now: Escapist Celebrates 8 Years!

Escapist News Now

May 10, 2013
Escapist Celebrates 8 Years!

Get your Escapist Expo passes here [http://www.escapistexpo.com/celebrate-escapists-birthday-50-3-day-pass]

Watch Video

Jenny Jones

Jun 10, 2013
Wow happy birthday, hope the content continues to be as excellent as always =)

Also "damn we're getting old" from such a young person made my stomach drop =(

AidoZonkey

Musician With A Heart Of Gold
Oct 18, 2011
No way its been 8 years, congrats guys, ive been loving the site since the start

Happy Birthday Escapist

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Happy birthday Escapist! Didnt know it was this long already.

Then to think i've only been around here since *Checks zero punctuation page* Jan 13, 2010.

On towards another 8 i say!

Jan 12, 2012
I can't wait until 8 years from now, when the forums are full of "Sexism in CoD 14" threads. :)

But it is nice that the Escapist lasted this long and still produces new quality content.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
First of all, Happy Birthday, Escapist! The content here made my day more than once since I came here (starting with ZP of course)!

And a second thing - what is the name of the background music? I know it also plays sometimes during breaks in League of Legends LCS games. I've been trying to find to find the name all over the internet, but my search fu has failed me.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Happy Birthday Escapist! Too bad I don't have an expo trip in my budget for this year or the next few years... v.v

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Happy B'day Escapist! I didn't actually know when the site was made. As for my stats, I've been visiting the site for four years, but coming up in four days it will be my third year anniversary as a member. So it's my Escapist birthday too! Yay!

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Happy birthday Escapist! I've been coming here steadily for about three years, and joined the forums about a month ago. I hope the site has another eight years of great content, and a forum of gamers arguing over mostly pointless(but interesting) stuff. :D

Fiairflair

Polymath
Oct 16, 2012
Happy Birthday, Escapist!
I would definitely come to the expo if I didn't have to travel to the other side of the world to do so.
Thankfully, you decent folks see fit to upload recording of it =D

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
*counts* I was turning 13 the year this website was born. Happy Birthday Escapist, to another 8 years!

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
So, the celebration for 8 years is a 1 and a half minute video from one of the Youtube channel people, who only popped up a few months back.

Says a lot about the state of The Escapist these days, unfortunately.

Nov 5, 2007
Man, remember when the escapist was a handful of amazing and thought-provoking articles each week and not a bunch of kind of funny videos (lol video games amirite) with some half-assed "game journalism" and what is one of the most increasingly toxic community around.