Escapist News Now: Fallout 4 Trademarked

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
It's hard to get too excited, I get tired of all the teasers, and honestly think countdowns until seeing an advertisement/release reveal are silly. If they are just getting around to announcing it now, I expect we'll be told the game is going to be out in a few months, in say April due to "a lot of work being done" then it will be pushed up until summer, then to the holiday season, then maybe we'll see it in 2015. Over a period of time it seems like this dance happens almost all the time with releases like this, and dragging it along a couple of months for a year or so helps keep the dialogue going and build anticipation.

The most newsworthy moment in gaming will be when someone does a major RPG release like this without the mind games. Just one day we get "hey, we finished Fallout 4, it's shipping now and will be in your hands as soon as they trucks arrive at whatever location your at since we're not going to mess with people by street dating and having major stores sit on huge piles of them for a month to be "fair" to the little guys". Followed by the advertising and such while the game is already out there waiting to be picked up.

Sadly, I doubt that will ever happen. Life is suffering, anything I want must be waited for months if not years, at least when it comes to gaming.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Wasn't New Vegas "Fallout 4"? Hmm.

No. Not buzzed or enthusiastic. Whenever Bethesda makes an announcement for an upcoming title, all I can think is; How many crippling bugs will it have?

WhitbyDragon

Jul 15, 2013
Would love Bethesda to pack in the mystery timers and come out and say "yes we're making Fallout 4, it won't be ready for a really long time, no we can't give you a release date, we think it will be cool though, sit tight"

Wouldn't it be nicer that way? The internet loves a mystery I know, but it tends to cause as much negative press as positive :-/

Am a little worried I won't have anything that can run this when it comes out, only have 360 and an old lappy with generic graphics card, they'll be speccing it for Xbones and PS4's I bet.

EmilShmiengura

Feb 17, 2009
Fallout 4- the waiting game. You wait for the teasers, then you wait for the timer to the actual announcement, then you wait for the release date, then you wait for the game, then you wait for a version of the game that's actually playable. God, I hate the future!

hazydawn

Jan 11, 2013
EmilShmiengura said:
Fallout 4- the waiting game. You wait for the teasers, then you wait for the timer to the actual announcement, then you wait for the release date, then you wait for the game, then you wait for a version of the game that's actually playable. God, I hate the future!
So true >.<
And then there is the wait for the official DLC ^^
But at least you usually get rewarded with an exceptionally good game at the end. Though that's also very much the case because of the modding community. Without the mods Behesda's games are lacking the certain something.