Escapist News Now: How to Get Pokemon X and Y Free

Escapist News Now

May 10, 2013
How to Get Pokemon X and Y Free

If you're a Club Nintendo member and you register your 3DS, 3DS XL, or 2DS system along with 1 of six corresponding games, you'll get a free code for either Pokemon X or Y.

Watch Video

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Huh, I already have a 3DS and two of those six games (as well as Pokemon X), wonder if I can get a second digital copy free through this? Must test this out tomorrow.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Well...I could really use this for an LP since I'm eventually gonna LP Pokemon X (I have Y as my main file), but this is still a good deal.
Now Nintendo...give a deal for people to buy a Wii U please, or some sort of Ambassador program would be nice seeing as I bought the thing before the damned price drop a week later. >.>

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Is...this Globally? Or just US?

Edit: Sod it. Nintendo of America. I assume that means no love for Europe. Balls.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
JoJo said:
Huh, I already have a 3DS and two of those six games (as well as Pokemon X), wonder if I can get a second digital copy free through this? Must test this out tomorrow.
I think you can if you haven't registered your console yet. That is the part that is likely to trip some people up. I registered my 3DS back in October, so unless I want to go buy a 2DS for the promotion, that ship has sailed for me.

LaochEire

Mar 9, 2010
Charli said:
Is...this Globally? Or just US?

Edit: Sod it. Nintendo of America. I assume that means no love for Europe. Balls.
We got a similar offer in November, but it was for Super Mario 3D Land :(

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Hmmm... I almost might try it. I wonder if there would be a benefit to getting a digital copy as well as the physical copy I own. I also need to expand my 3DS library beyond just one game.

Let's see how much money is around in March.

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
Uratoh said:
So...if I've already registered my 3DS, am I out of luck here?
According to the contest rules, yes. It says only systems purchased and registered between 3/1/14 and 3/31/14.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
Well, thanks for telling me I'm not eligible because I already registered my device BEFORE I went out and bought one of those games so I could 100% my pokedex. I'll shake my fist at Nintendo and curse the day I was born now...