Escapist News Now: New Battlefront, Mirror's Edge and Dragon Age

Escapist News Now

May 10, 2013
New Battlefront, Mirror's Edge and Dragon Age

EA had quite the line-up to show off at their pre-E3 press conference.

Watch Video

Jabberwock King

Mar 27, 2011
By all that is holy, I say... I love this world...
Battlefront 3... YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
Mirror's Edge prequel? Oh, come on! What's the need of that part? Why not go for a sequel straight away? I'm betting it's because

since Mercury is killed there won't be anyone guiding Faith through the missions, and checkpoints required for current game design docs include someone blathering away in your ear

klown

Jun 6, 2012
Ma'idah, you look like you are trying really hard to not talk with your hands, which you should do more of I think =P

I'm kinda excited about Dragon Age III, and a new Battlefront personally. I think they could really get my Next Gen juices going, though I'll probably get them on PC if I can.

Serious Business

Feb 11, 2013
AWMAWGAWD

I have been waiting for a Battlefront 3 for... for... I think since the very moment that i started playing the second one.

Oh this is by far the best news of the E3 yet!

Azwrath

Feb 23, 2012
The only one i care for is DA3 but i really hope they went back to the DA:O combat. Spamming 1 the entire game can get dull as a brick.

Hyperactiveman

Oct 26, 2008
You're not impressed by the presence of purely these sequels/titles alone??

But we have been waiting for these ones in particular for way too long now!

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
I never figured the head law-bringer and hammer thrower of the forums to be so quiet.

PLEASE DON'T BAN ME!

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
My first thought was "There is loads of new titles being released" Bu then I could only count three, Destiny, Max Mad and WatchDog // But hey, they are trying new things, it's not like they are all shooter action games. . . oh wait. . . *shrugs*

-M

EXos

Nov 24, 2009
All I heard was teasers and trailers... Gameplay footage only please!!!

To paraphrase Yahtzee. "F* off with your pre-rendered cinematic!!!"

eatenbyagrue

Dec 25, 2008
In my house, during summer and Christmas breaks, my cousins and I still play Battlefronts (1 and 2) until we pass out. Hopefully, we'll be playing 3 next summer.

KR4U55

Mar 12, 2012
'Twas confirmed that the DA III:I trailer was indeed in-engine. I don't know if the Mirror's Edge trailer was too, but I'm pretty sure SW: Battlefron was cinematic.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
I don't know that I'll ever really expect EA to do new games again. I do fully expect to see them buying successful smaller titles and then throwing too much money at them to possibly make a profit. My guess is that Battlefront will become their COD (and honestly, if I'm going to be playing a COD-esque game then it might as well be in the Star Wars universe.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012

Nas, you're just too cute for words. :)

On Topic: Morrigan is back! Woohooooo!!!

When DA: O ended with her disappearing off on her own I wondered if they'd ever continue with the story line. I downloaded the DLC Witch Hunt but apparently my copy of DA: O isn't compatible for the DLC to run and whenever I tried to download a patch system just froze. :(

So I'm glad to find out that Morrigan's story didn't end with Witch Hunt. (Especially since I paid for it and even have it downloaded--I just can't play it! Grrrr).