Escapist News Now: New Hyrule Warriors Gameplay Skills Trailer

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
I am very much buying a Wii U next month, decided that during e3. Nintendo has just really hit a homerun here. Dynasty warriors is my favourite series ever. The new zelda is open world and looks awesome just in general. Splatoon looks like great fun. And the new Smash Bros looks awesome.

More on topic: I really like how the gameplay here looks, it is a more tight form of Dynasty Warriors from the look of it, as to have more of Zelda feel, I am sure. And Impa looks badass.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
This might be the game that makes me buy a WiiU, I knew I'd buy one eventually but haven't felt a strong need to and was hoping for a price drop. However this game just looks too damn awesome. The only minor issue I see with it is the fact that the enemies look like they were ripped strait out of their respective games without even attending to their inconsistent aesthetics. Some people might like that for the sake of nostalgia but it's a little jarring to me.

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
Y'know, this may be the game that convinces me to buy the Wii U. I'm not completely sold, but I'm definitely leaning more towards it.

Darth Rahu

Critic of the Sith
Nov 20, 2009
What is wrong with me? I'm no fan of Dynasty Warriors and yet I want to play this game so badly. Yes I'm a Zelda fanboy and I don't care who knows it!

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
I hadn't expected people to say that THIS was the game that convinced them to buy a Wii U. But hey, I love a good hack'n'slash, and if this is more refined than Dynasty Warriors 4, then I'm game!

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
considering how the official website has updated, there will most likely be gameplay trailers for the other characters. Keep in mind that everyone will also have multiple movesets due to alternate weapons, like Link with his Fire Rod.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I am willing to place bets of this game getting great review scores even if it plays like all other Warriors game of it's franchise sake...

...and I relish the Warriors games but I know what the average reviewer thinks.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Olas said:
The only minor issue I see with it is the fact that the enemies look like they were ripped strait out of their respective games without even attending to their inconsistent aesthetics. Some people might like that for the sake of nostalgia but it's a little jarring to me.
Yeah it's a bit unfortunate that the enemies couldn't get a new spin design wise. Especially considering Zelda games do a good job redesigning old enemies for new games.

OT: I've been super excited to play this game since it was announced. I've always wanted to try a Dynasty Warriors game, the fact that they made one of my favorite series is just too awesome. :D

That being said, Link's voice kinda bugs me from what I've heard, not that it will matter, but still. :/

remmus

Aug 31, 2009
very nice looking, and it´s cool Zelda getting into the action as a proper melee character (tho come on, if ya gonna make her a fighter give her something more practical to wear, the bloody cheesy cartoon from the 80s could!)