Escapist News Now: New Sunset Overdrive Information - "Tony Hawk with Guns"

Escapist News Now

May 10, 2013
New Sunset Overdrive Information - "Tony Hawk with Guns"

Escapist News talks to to the team behind the upcoming Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive.

Watch Video

Steve Waltz

May 16, 2012
Oh wow! This game looks amazingly fun. A post-apocalyptic game with actual color and excitement? Heck, a video game in GENERAL that has some color and excitement! I've been dying for a game that doesn't take itself so serious and focuses more of fun. I mean, really, modern games are all so serious about themselves that it's a rarity to be laughing and have a good time. They're all brown and gritty and serious, not to say that gritty and dramatic games aren't appealing in some ways (Spec Ops: The Line was a grand experience), but it would really be nice to play a game for FUN, for once. If this game gets good reviews I might just buy an Xbox One for it.

GladChimer93

May 13, 2014
I feel the same way as Steve.
I am just so glad that someone besides Nintendo is making a console exclusive that is about fun and colorful environments and just wacky gameplay. I am rarely this excited for a game that I've only seen Previews for, but... This is definitely something special. Not to mention, I've loved many Insomniac games in the past (most recently Resistance) so I am already pretty confident that this will turn out well.

Now, does someone else think that the aliens from Resistance looked just like the mutants here?