Escapist News Now: No XBox One Headset Adapters Until 2014

Escapist News Now

May 10, 2013
No XBox One Headset Adapters Until 2014

Like your fancy gaming headphones? Well, you can't use them until 2014 with the Xbox One.

Watch Video

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Honestly, if the PS4 WASN'T coming out in the month, do you really think MS would be pushing the Xbox out this early? Especially after their E3 debacle?
If I were them, I'd wait until next year and completely start over (maybe even rename the thing)
Because as it stands, it seems their current attempt at a market share is towards people who haven't already pre-ordered a PS4, and will likely buy the Xbone as a present for someone whenever all the stores are sold out of PS4s

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Josh12345 said:
Honestly, if the PS4 WASN'T coming out in the month, do you really think MS would be pushing the Xbox out this early? Especially after their E3 debacle?
If I were them, I'd wait until next year and completely start over (maybe even rename the thing)
Because as it stands, it seems their current attempt at a market share is towards people who haven't already pre-ordered a PS4, and will likely buy the Xbone as a present for someone whenever all the stores are sold out of PS4s
It would be suicide to delay the Xbox One by a year at this point. It would make every single multiplatform game between them for the next year effectively a PS4 exclusive, at least for this generation. The only reason they could wait after the Wii U was because Nintendo bungled the Wii U launch in like twelve different ways. PS4 doesn't look to be making the same mistakes.

P.S. Thanks

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
*Insert joke about actually trying COD/Battlefield before the headphones release*

Also, ooooooooh do we really get a free pair XBOX, the same ones that barely fit the head of a toddler and snap the day you get them? You are to kind.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
PunkRex said:
*Insert joke about actually trying COD/Battlefield before the headphones release*

Also, ooooooooh do we really get a free pair XBOX, the same ones that barely fit the head of a toddler and snap the day you get them? You are to kind.

Well in all fairness, you will probably only need them to work for a month or two before the adapter comes out....

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
CriticalMiss said:
Well, they won't have to wait long then!
At least it was right in the video. That would be embarrassing.

Josh12345 said:
Honestly, if the PS4 WASN'T coming out in the month, do you really think MS would be pushing the Xbox out this early?
Rushing a console to market to try and get an early market share sounds exactly like something Microsoft would do. In fact, it's something they already did do. With their previous console.

If they're willing to launch with the RROD, what's non-functioning features to them?

deathzero021

Feb 3, 2012
Can we seriously get someone who double checks the titles? This isn't the first time the Escapist has failed to catch an obvious typo like this. Sorry, but these things really irritate me for some reason.

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
Escapist News Now said:
No XBox One Headset Adapters Until 2013

Like your fancy gaming headphones? Well, you can't use them until 2014 with the Xbox One.

Watch Video

On topic, Why not make these adapters availible sooner? Microsoft must know that players have these headsets.

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
Deshara said:
mew4ever23 said:

Because microsoft cares a lot more about money than they about what consumers want.
Drag every penny out of them that you can...
I know why the adapters, my point is, why not release the adapters sooner, start the cash grab sooner.

Unless this is a ploy to get gamers to buy new headsets.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
So we have to wait up to 6 months for CoD players to soundwhore their way to your location?

Luckily I actually don't mind that style of headset the 360 and the One use so I'm not going to complain saying "Thanks for the shit, sarcastic remark".

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Is Bluetooth still not a thing Microsoft? My PS3 and Vita both use it. My phone used it over a decade ago. Not exactly 21st century technology here.