Escapist News Now: Shuhei Yoshida PS4 Launch Interview

Escapist News Now

May 10, 2013
Shuhei Yoshida PS4 Launch Interview

The Escapist speaks with Shuhei Yoshida about the launch and development of the PS4.

Watch Video

lifeat24fps

Mar 14, 2013
May I step into my background in video production for a moment to suggest procuring a couple of lavalier mics and a Zoom H4N? It will make these interviews go much smoother and allow for a more polished finished product to be uploaded.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
lifeat24fps said:
May I step into my background in video production for a moment to suggest procuring a couple of lavalier mics and a Zoom H4N? It will make these interviews go much smoother and allow for a more polished finished product to be uploaded.
I personally like to control the interview with a stick mic and I don't think the process of putting on lavs for these quick shot interviews is worth the trouble. The audio seems perfect to me, I'm not sure these are unpolished or rough at all, but I understand that to each his own. Thanks for the comments!

Greg

neppakyo

Apr 3, 2011
Sounds good to me Greg Tito. Nice and old school interview ;)

The sony dude seems pretty chill, I like him. The MS guys kinda creep me out.

lifeat24fps

Mar 14, 2013
Honestly I think Sony should have had that stuff set up for you guys already so you could just put on your mic, plug in your gear and go. Maybe it *was* like that considering all the videos are framed the same.

I have specific situations where I will choose a stick over a lav, and being outside is definitely one of those situations because accursed wind will always come at the most important part of the interview in an attempt to ruin the audio.

I intentionally used the word "more" in the first comment because the interview looks and sound great. There was just one moment that made my inner journalist squirm. It's probably precisely because you seem to have had much less time with Yoshida than other outlets.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
lifeat24fps said:
Honestly I think Sony should have had that stuff set up for you guys already so you could just put on your mic, plug in your gear and go. Maybe it *was* like that considering all the videos are framed the same.

I have specific situations where I will choose a stick over a lav, and being outside is definitely one of those situations because accursed wind will always come at the most important part of the interview in an attempt to ruin the audio.

I intentionally used the word "more" in the first comment because the interview looks and sound great. There was just one moment that made my inner journalist squirm. It's probably precisely because you seem to have had much less time with Yoshida than other outlets.
Yep, first time I met Yoshida, but I loved talking to him. We'll meet again soon, I hope!

Greg