Escapist News Now: Star Wars: KOTOR on iPad

Escapist News Now

May 10, 2013
Star Wars: KOTOR on iPad

Out today on the App Store is Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Yes you can play this Bioware classic from the beautiful retina display of the iPad. The game is available now for $9.99 in the App Store.

Watch Video

KR4U55

Mar 12, 2012
I want to know your opinions. I managed to make the old retail version work in my PC, win7 64bits. I don't even have a tablet to buy the game, and even then I wouldn't. I just want to know how does it run.

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
Ipad and Iphone is like a console, all apps and games have to go through apple's approval before it can be in the app store, so it'll run good even if not great. But I already played this game to death, wish they would do a KOTOR 2 enchanced edition with fixed side quest and ending.

woodaba

May 31, 2011
...huh. Interesting. Gotta say, didn't see that coming.

It's always nice to get ports like this to the Ipad. Granted, I've played through the game about a bazillion times, but as with the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, the Ipad's interface makes it the first handheld device really capable of playing this stuff, and it should be a fun distraction when I can't play on my PC.

Now, make KotOR 2 for the Ipad. And don't be like Steam where you take 3 years before you bother to port the sequel.

Zombie Sodomy

Feb 14, 2013
KR4U55 said:
I want to know your opinions. I managed to make the old retail version work in my PC, win7 64bits. I don't even have a tablet to buy the game, and even then I wouldn't. I just want to know how does it run.
It runs great. It's like the original, but with faster load times.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Zombie Sodomy said:
KR4U55 said:
It runs great. It's like the original, but with faster load times.
That little review right there might just be enough prompt me to go and get it, and dust off the old iPad 2 out of retirement. I enjoyed KOTOR a whole lot, didn't replay it enough though, compared to KOTOR 2.

keroko

Nov 9, 2010
Speaking of KotoR, have they finally fixed the game to work on W7 yet?