Escapist News Now: Tales From the Borderlands Coming Summer 2014

Escapist News Now

May 10, 2013
Tales From the Borderlands Coming Summer 2014

TellTale Games have show very little of their take on the Borderlands universe but we finally have some more details and new screen shots for you!

Watch Video

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Well... could you hold off until you finish Wolf Among us and Walking Dead Season 2? Those are taking long enough as it is without a third game in the mix.

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
dragongit said:
Well... could you hold off until you finish Wolf Among us and Walking Dead Season 2? Those are taking long enough as it is without a third game in the mix.
Don't forget about their Game of Thrones project - I think they've demonstrated thus far that they do not have a big enough team to keep their existing projects on schedule (I'd be surprised if Walking Dead Season 2 finishes before the year ends); this will likely be a problem for keeping things coming out in a timely manner.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I'm actually pretty curious to see what they do with it.

I mean, there are some pretty dark stories and stuff in Borderlands, so I'm wondering how far they want to go since Borderlands tends to go on the dark end of humor.

Still, I can't wait to see what they do with it and get my hands on it.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I like the idea, but I am a little worried about the choice of characters. This is a series that has a schizophrenic giant in a hockey mask, a thirteen year old host of explosive tea-parties, and a woman who can gib people with her thoughts - these two protagonists look a bit Milquetoast by comparison. Maybe it is the case that a sustained drama can only work with more grounded characters, but it feels like a potential missed opportunity given the zaniness of the franchise.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Norix596 said:
dragongit said:
Don't forget about their Game of Thrones project - I think they've demonstrated thus far that they do not have a big enough team to keep their existing projects on schedule (I'd be surprised if Walking Dead Season 2 finishes before the year ends); this will likely be a problem for keeping things coming out in a timely manner.
From the recent release dates it seems that The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead: Season 2 each come out a month apart. Episode 3 of Fables came out last month and it seems episode 3 of TWD:S2 is coming out this month.

On Topic: Looks like it will pretty good. Still need to complete Borderlands 2 though.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
00:40 Made me hopeful that the gore from Borderlands 1 returns. It had a Looney Tunes esque style that I found appealing. Whats the point of being rated M and having elemental weapons if you can't watch a guy's face melt off or watch a guy look at his hands as they dissolve in acid?

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Norix596 said:
dragongit said:
Eh, I could care less. The Wolf Among Us, and The Walking Dead are so good I don't mind waiting to get them. (Especially if that's what it takes to keep getting quality releases)

Primaris Psyker

Jul 1, 2013
I think it's a waste that they are going for Borderlands instead of GoT as their next game. A game of thrones game being made by telltale could be amazing and while it is possible that their borderlands game could be great as a competent writer can have a great story in any universe, it is still a waste considering borderlands universe isn't all that interesting (atleast not for me).

Oh but whatever game they are going for first i wish that they would finish their other games before moving onto other projects, how long are we going to have to wait for A wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead to finish?