Escapist News Now: WoW: Warlords of Draenor Special Edition Level 90 Boost

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
WoW: Warlords of Draenor Special Edition Level 90 Boost

Previously Blizzard announced that players would be able to get a special character boost to level 90 with the new expansion Warlords of Draenor, and now we know you get it starting today.

Watch Video

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
I don't even know how long I've been wow clean... but I haven't touched the stuff since before I had my kid... so at least 20 months.

20+ months on the wagon... not gunna fall off now.

AdagioBoognish

Member?
Nov 5, 2013
So they're selling level 90 characters then? I don't play WoW, but I'd be pretty upset if anyone could just join and boost a toon to 90.

Bke

May 13, 2013
AdagioBoognish said:
So they're selling level 90 characters then? I don't play WoW, but I'd be pretty upset if anyone could just join and boost a toon to 90.
I'm under the impression that this is more directed towards veteran players who can't be bothered with the slog of leveling new characters. The various guilds might also want this because it means they don't have to wait too long to sort out a character build they might need. I mean, yes this does sound a bit like giving up, but the appeal of this would be to very specific people.

Of course it does run the risk of having new players simply give in and miss all the hooks that keep you subscribing, but that's just part of the whole gamble here; it's difficult to predict how this will turn out. However the price point of the level boot will probably drive away any new players, who don't want to invest in something they may not enjoy.

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
So... you can now pay to not have to play the game... something seems a bit weird about that.

backster

Jul 15, 2008
The pay to not play is gaining popularity as game studios see games like EVE (Which you pay to get abused in a multitude of gross and horrible ways or be the abuser) thrive. Free to play games are starting to jump on that band wagon with the micro transactions for items and titles and such. When you can spend money to get the same things someone who played for three years to earn it truly cheapens the whole game and spits in the eye of the people who made your game number one in the first place. Achievements are only worth something if you don't turn around and sell them down the road for a quick profit.