Escapist News Wrap: Cyborg Future and My Little Pony Game Closed

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Cyborg Future and My Little Pony Game Closed

This week, game companies take differing approaches to their game box art, and Valve tries to promote gaming PCs in the living room.

Watch Video

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
the hoodie, and beard kind of makes Greg look like a hobo, or bum. I suggest that if you going to keep beard then maybe stay away from more leisurely looking cloths as they can easily lead to this distinction.

I did like how Alina was given the "last of us" story, and the spin she added to it at the end. it might have gone a bit better as a banter style aside at least in my mind. maybe even as a comment from Greg (to show that this representation is wanted by men as well, and outside of the skimpy outfit.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Can't believe that god-awful OC was added and not Ubermenschpony Rainbow Dash.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
So that's what Valve is up to. Cool.

If it all goes well, I just might get into PC gaming.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Blueyesopn said:
didn't the escapist already cancel this show? load ready run did it better.
What you fail to realize is that the Escapist News Wrap is suppose to be an end of the week video summation of the main, popular, or strange, news articles of the week that have been featured on the Escapist.

It is for people to catch-up on or find out what they missed during the week if they weren't on the site when the articles were at the top of the list. That is why they show pics of Escapist articles when they talk about each different news bit.

LRR's "news" shows are about making comedy out of actual news stories, and doing so by exaggerating the real story, or even making fake news stories that are similar that can relate and again are exaggerated for comedy.

The Escapist News Wrap is reporting the news that has already been reported, but with sometimes comical quips from the hosts. The core of the show isn't about comedy. 98% news, 2% quips.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
What scares me about the whole cybernetic implants and eurogenetics (or whatever) that scares me is that I already go though life watching everyone else do everything infinitely better than I can ever hope to, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Throw in genetic enhancement and cybernetic modification (for those who can afford it) and that disparity only gets much much larger.

piclemaniscool

Dec 19, 2008
While seeing Pinkie Pie on the front of The Escapist is exciting, it really isn't that big of a deal. The MMO may have been one of the more ambitious pony games, but it wasn't the only one. It sucks that all those guys' hard work amounted to nothing, but that's copyright laws. Even when they're doing good, they're imperfect.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
TopazFusion said:
Gotta ask, where did that yellow pony come from?
That's simply Applebloom sad face she made when Twilight didn't wanted to stay for lunch at the very first episode but edited with the wings and mane and recolour her coat.

Pariahwulfen

Mar 23, 2010
Team Hollywood said:
Cyborg Future and My Little Pony Game Closed

This week, game companies take differing approaches to their game box art, and Valve tries to promote gaming PCs in the living room.

Watch Video
Well I guess I could do a nasty rant about how you've repeatedly gotten the name of Ohio University [http://www.osu.edu/] is a major insult to both schools. Unless those responsible are from the state of/alumni of the University of Michigan, in which case the obligatory remarks about Ann Arbor and TSUN shall be uttered. I'll simply say that I shall only come here for specific, already established videos, and all of my videogame news shall be acquired elsewhere

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Pariahwulfen said:
Well I guess I could do a nasty rant about how you've repeatedly gotten the name of Ohio University [http://www.osu.edu/] is a major insult to both schools. Unless those responsible are from the state of/alumni of the University of Michigan, in which case the obligatory remarks about Ann Arbor and TSUN shall be uttered. I'll simply say that I shall only come here for specific, already established videos, and all of my videogame news shall be acquired elsewhere
I am very sorry i made a mistake by leaving the word "state" out of the script. It was an error, but I hope you can forgive me. Omitting one word is not that big of a deal after all.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Someone haven't read his Asimov books lately
Cyborgs=/=robots
Let me present you with a simple scale for future references
Organism-Cyborg-Orgbot-Robot
Orgbots and Robots can be programmed
Organisms and Cyborgs can't be programmed (at least with same ease)

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
MMO's are the one thing in gaming I cannot stand at all, kind of glad the game was shut down as it stops my view of Bronies being tarnished even more so.

Roman Monaghan

Nov 20, 2010
The misinterpretation of the title "brony" is annoying. It's not "guys" who like MLP, it's adults who like MLP. Or people outside the target demographic in general. The origins are that it's /b/ + pony, not bro + pony. Bronys encompass female fans too.

Just seems weird to me they'd have something oddly, but minorly sexist in an episode where they praise The Last of Us cover thing for being pro ladyness.