Escapist News Wrap: Fez Patch and New PS3 Console

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Fez Patch and New PS3 Console

This week, Gearbox CEO states that Duke Nukem Forever and Half-Life are virtually the same. Also, rumors fly about a Firefly reboot and Steam is coming to Linux.

Watch Video

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
Hum, I'd not heard about the Steam for Linux thing till now. Glad I tuned in.

And it's a good point - the only reason I still use windows for anything is that my games collection requires it. If Valve can make Linux gaming a viable platform I could definitely see dropping windows for good - instead of just for when I need to get work done.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Monsieur Butts, I do enjoy you. :) And your voice is very pleasant. But I have to say what I said the first time you ran this format of news; you need a co-host. A different voice to break things up between stories. Your voice has a consistent tone deep down that you really can't comfortably modulate outside of parody, and it's therefore easy to sort of lose interest. Not because of what you say, but because you voice becomes mildly hypnotic. A co-host would break things up and that would cease to be an issue.

If that's just not an option, then perhaps additional audio with your clips. Gentle and subdued, it may just be enough to prevent that hypnotic trance. :)

kitsuta

<Clever Title Here>
Jan 10, 2011
I love the imagery chosen for the Pirate Bay story. I busted out laughing when clips from Yellowbeard started playing.

I hadn't closely followed that pipe bomb thing - is that really the conclusion the media outlet got from that statement? I can only imagine how the headline would have pinned the blame on public education if the attackers happened to be bullies from the kid's school. Oh, wait.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
I had to rewind the part about the pirates, too busy watching Yellowbeard.

"Stagger, stagger, crawl, crawl..."

EDIT: 1000th post wakka wakka!

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
My god. Mr. Butts has a face.

Ahem. In regards to the stories, specifically the one about pirating, I believe Mr. Universe said it best; "You can't stop the signal."

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
Firia said:
Your voice has a consistent tone deep down that you really can't comfortably modulate outside of parody, and it's therefore easy to sort of lose interest. Not because of what you say, but because you voice becomes mildly hypnotic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He02Z5YdZbg

he's just being epic like a star-fleet lecturer no problem there, eh?

The Grim Ace

May 20, 2010
If that slimmer PS3 can play PS2 games, then they have a sale. Though they'd probably sooner reveal their secret fleet of rocket-pigs than do that. Got to love how there's something so monolithic as a 'gaming community' to bomb people now -- good job journalism!

ivc392

Aug 26, 2010
WAIT A SECOND!!! Why does Politron owe Microsoft for Fez being XBLA exclusive? Shouldn't Microsoft be the one paying developers for exclusive content? After all, this means less money for the devs, since their potential sales are diminished by their product having a much more restrictive audience.