Escapist News Wrap: Technicolor Honey and No Dinosaur Cloning

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Technicolor Honey and No Dinosaur Cloning

This week, hackers exploit World of Warcraft to kill players in droves, PETA launches Pokemon Black & Blue and the Voyager probe is set to leave our solar system.

Watch Video

Somebloke

Aug 5, 2010
So... Given last week's bacon mourning black... Argyle sweater vest for the science-y topics? (I has overanalyse)

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
Mr. Crichton. Mr. Michael Crichton wrote a book called Jurassic Park that was made into a movie.

Don't give filmmakers credit for a novelist's idea.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Azuaron said:
Mr. Crichton. Mr. Michael Crichton wrote a book called Jurassic Park that was made into a movie.

Oh I know, but Silly Spielberg was more fun to say than Crazy Crichton.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Hey guys,

Question: Would you watch more of News Wrap if it was produced every day? We're just trying to get a sense of whether moving to a daily schedule would be something you'd be interested in. Let me know here.

Greg

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Greg Tito said:
Hey guys,

Question: Would you watch more of News Wrap if it was produced every day? We're just trying to get a sense of whether moving to a daily schedule would be something you'd be interested in. Let me know here.

Greg
I'd like that yeah.

Also, does this news mean we will never be able to have mammoth burger?

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Imp Emissary said:
Greg Tito said:
Hey guys,

Greg
I'd like that yeah.

Cloned Mammoth [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammoth#Cloning_hopes] burgers are much more likely, since they went several thousands of years ago as opposed to several million.

Imp_Emissary

Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
WMDogma said:
Imp Emissary said:
Greg Tito said:
Hey guys,

Greg
I'd like that yeah.

Cloned Mammoth [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammoth#Cloning_hopes] burgers are much more likely, since they went several thousands of years ago as opposed to several million.
Nice! Thank you.
Hope you all do get to do more of these news shows!

Draxz

May 2, 2012
Imp Emissary said:
Greg Tito said:
Hey guys,

Greg
I'd like that yeah.

I would like News Wrap everyday but I think News Wrap works well, once a week, is because it's an actual wrap-up of the week. I mean, when you watch a program everyday, you get bored. I like the News Wrap, it helps me catch-up on what I haven't had time to look up. Though, that's just my opinion.

But yeah, I would watch it daily.

I think something else that would be good is 'Highlights' of the forums and what people are saying. It'd add to taking up time News Wrap might not have enough to report on News-wise. I think it may also make people more curious and more enthusiastic to join into discussion.

Imp_Emissary

Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Draxz said:
Imp Emissary said:
Greg Tito said:
Hey guys,

Greg
I'd like that yeah.

I would like News Wrap everyday but I think News Wrap works well, once a week, is because it's an actual wrap-up of the week. I mean, when you watch a program everyday, you get bored. I like the News Wrap, it helps me catch-up on what I haven't had time to look up. Though, that's just my opinion.

But yeah, I would watch it daily.

I think something else that would be good is 'Highlights' of the forums and what people are saying. It'd add to taking up time News Wrap might not have enough to report on News-wise. I think it may also make people more curious and more enthusiastic to join into discussion.
You make some really good points. I guess they could do 2 different types. One news show for daily stuff, and one at the end of the week to wrap up the bigger things that happened in the week.
As long as they keep doing the shows I could do either or really.

Draxz

May 2, 2012
Imp Emissary said:
You make some really good points. I guess they could do 2 different types. One news show for daily stuff, and one at the end of the week to wrap up the bigger things that happened in the week.
As long as they keep doing the shows I could do either or really.
Mm, I agree that there could be a 'daily news' but The Escapist already do short reviews, or source YouTube, to minus the rading-part that a lot of people seem to find hard to do. But, I think that's another point towards trying to make people get into discussions more by adding an Escapist User's opinion or quote down. I suppose the only possible downside, would be if that person then became noticed and victimized for expressing an opinion. So there would have to be a guideline to that, or perhaps a notification from The Escapist, if the opinion is too expressive on said opinion. (I mean, The Escapist don't want to lose Fans and Viewers).

Though, I think maybe if it was every two days (also having the odd weekend update) it could be considerable. Then again, you have to calculate how many view that would gain from the views News Wrap does.

Primero Holodon

Oct 18, 2011
Azuaron said:

came here to say that. Glad I'm not the only one who was irritated by that.

Draxz

May 2, 2012
Abandon4093 said:
What would that mean for mammoths and other Pleistocene period critters trapped in ice? Surely the preservative nature of ice would go someway to keeping the DNA usable.

I mean I know there'd be break down and it wouldn't likely be all usable. But some of it could be...... right?

I don't know anything about the preservative nature of amber though.
Usually the break down destroys the nucleus, which is the core reactor in cells. Without that, information can't be copied to make more cells. Though, apparently we're not even sure how dinosaurs even mated.

Somebloke said:
So... Given last week's bacon mourning black... Argyle sweater vest for the science-y topics? (I has overanalyse)
I suppose it's a way to compensate for a loss to gain?

kburns10

You Gots to Chill
Sep 10, 2012
Greg Tito said:
Hey guys,

Greg
Only if you wore a sweater vest every day! Seriously, I need to get a few more of those. They make you look distinguished :D

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
Greg Tito said:
Hey guys,

Greg
i would watch. i question what happens on a very slow new day but i am sure there is a plan for that

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
thanks for killing my dreams of having a bronto burger now i can only hope for a mammoth burger

lostlevel

Nov 6, 2008
Funky coloured honey? I want to know what happened to the guy that tasted it first.

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
Greg Tito said:
Hey guys,

Greg
I would probably still watch it, but I prefer the weekly format because it lets me see the highlights of the week that I might have missed.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
Please , if you came here to write about how awful PETA are , just forget about it m you'll live one minute longer . Would you do that for me ?