Escapist News Wrap: Zombie Planets and Darth Mickey Mouse

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Zombie Planets and Darth Mickey Mouse

This week, Disney acquires all of Lucasarts, including Star Wars. Meanwhile, NASA discovers a possibly undead planet and monsters from Dungeons and Dragons get used in an important scientific study.

Watch Video

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Wow. That D&D kid was pretty smart.

My guess is that people looked for the eyes.
Am I right?

I didn't know those guys who killed that Magic collector knew him. Evil monsters.

Also. Good show.

jamesbrown

Apr 18, 2011
Really enjoy these, gives me a chance to read any interesting stories I may have missed

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
wait wasn't darth Mickey already a thing. I don't remember where, but I am sure it was already a thing.

zeekyle

May 18, 2009
zombie planet huh...only a matter of time until we find a nebula creature from star trek. or it bites another planet... the universe is doomed...DOOMED i say!!

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
I'd rather Silicon Knights spend their time working on Eternal Darkness 2 than another X:Men game so I don't see the problem.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
I read "Possible Zombie PLanet" and thought it was a planet populated with zombies.

DAMN YOU FOR GETTING MY HOPES UP!!!!

Noobsause

Mar 29, 2010
Hmm, I wounder if the kid and his father took into account that D&D art is professionally designed, and therefor follows all the elements of design, including emphasis. Any art that they use will have a specific focal point that has been designated by the artist by contrast of colour, detail, and darkness; Not to mention directing shapes and lines. Any creature they show will draw the eye to a specific point on the drawing; very commonly the eyes/eye.
Granted they have removed the backgrounds, but the principle applies to the creature by themselves, and I still think there will be a flaw in their test. I don't suppose scientists would be likely to know the finer points of design but anytime someones eyes are draw somewhere it won't be because of unaltered human nature.

yngi

May 6, 2010
you can get killed for having expensive magic cards.........shit i got to stop playing magic

CaptainBill22

Nov 18, 2009
It really doesn't surprise me that Disney bought Lucas. For crying out loud, the last time I was at Disney World (about 12 years ago), They had a Star Wars ride. Which was a simulator. Not only that, but Lucas also made Pixar (Bugs Life, Toy Story, etc.). Which means at the time Disney had a huge hold on stocks at Lucas, or they were partnered, the latter is the most likely. If my suspicions are true, Disney may very well have had a hand in making episodes 1-3.

kburns10

You Gots to Chill
Sep 10, 2012
That's a smart kid! Kids these days are putting me to shame. When I was that age, all I cared about was playing video games. This kid is conducting scientific studies that get published lol