Escapist (Or Other Online) Couples

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
I didn't know there were that many on the Escapist.

As for me, no I do not.
I've heard of Internet based relationships, some of them successful, others less so.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
Higurashi said:
berethond said:
Disdain?
I have nothing but the utmost respect for you.
Though I may say I wasn't expecting Nuke's little statement there. I was a tad surprised.
That's mutual, and good to hear. Like I said, it's subtle, and it's pathetic. I suppose jealousy might be part of it. *shrugs*
I'm just going to focus on what I have now, for it is more than ever.
Quite possibly, jealousy is a dangerous little beast.

And that's a very good attitude to take. I completely understand that sentiment.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Larenxis said:
Varchld said:
Larenxis and PurpleRain got together a little before I started posting and I think I missed a little of it due to how new I was. But talking to Purps and occasionally Larenxis on IRC I found out that they were really good people and seriously the best of luck to them.
From my understanding they actually met through the escapist and are making the most of things despite the continental gap, that I believe recently closed. (i'm not sure about the accuracy of that however)
I am incapable of going on IRC, and I never have. I dare say I'm extremely confused...
But yeah, I have the nerdiest 'how I met my boyfriend story' ever. On the forum of an e-magazine about gaming, he sent a message about how he just realized I was a girl, and that perhaps he shouldn't have made my character in a Starcraft lynching RP on the forums male (and the conversation kept going from there by talking about DnD, I believe). But yeah, in about 44 days he'll be moving up here for keeps, to the great chagrin of Zenny.
DnD and then gender in Stick people. Then somehow it kept growing. Jellyfish appocalypse. Mutants in cheap biohazard suits. Invasion of the Mutant Space Executives From Mars. Good times.

I'm glad and always will be I thought you had that extra chromosome.

Varchld said:
Oh, I am really sorry. I would have sworn I saw your name once in IRC (possibly on the same comp as PurpleRain) but I guess I am mistaken.
I cut that out of my first post :)
Two computers apart. I actually was slightly excited for a second. "She's on IRC now?! Maybe I should go on more than once a month now."

Heh, it's cool though. There are a lot of Larenxis type names floating about now. Leronex or something?

Jamess

Jun 9, 2008
Nope, I use the escapist to get peoples honest opinions. Something you rarely get from people you know.

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
EmileeElectro said:
OP, you need to add mine and Sorry User name taken's secret love child :)
Oh, sorry. The list is only for Escapist members. If your love child does have an account, I'd be happy to add him. He'd probably be a better converstionist then some members.

Larenxis

Dec 13, 2007
Varchld said:
Larenxis said:
I am incapable of going on IRC, and I never have. I dare say I'm extremely confused...
But yeah, I have the nerdiest 'how I met my boyfriend story' ever. On the forum of an e-magazine about gaming, he sent a message about how he just realized I was a girl, and that perhaps he shouldn't have made my character in a Starcraft lynching RP on the forums male (and the conversation kept going from there by talking about DnD, I believe). But yeah, in about 44 days he'll be moving up here for keeps, to the great chagrin of Zenny.
Oh, I am really sorry. I would have sworn I saw your name once in IRC (possibly on the same comp as PurpleRain) but I guess I am mistaken.
I cut that out of my first post :)
No worries. I'm quite willing to PM with you or whatnot so you can establish whether I am a 'really good person' or not. I like new friends...

Varchld

is drunk and disorderly.
Nov 8, 2008
PurpleRain said:
Two computers apart. I actually was slightly excited for a second. "She's on IRC now?! Maybe I should go on more than once a month now."

Heh, it's cool though. There are a lot of Larenxis type names floating about now. Leronex or something?
Hehe, by "possibly on the same comp" I was thinking when you went over to Canada that you may have logged in to chat or something. My memories of the early days of IRC are all a bit of a blur.
Maybe I was just playing too much Mario and Yoshi got stuck in my subconscious one night.

May 7, 2008
Ramthundar said:
EmileeElectro said:
OP, you need to add mine and Sorry User name taken's secret love child :)
Oh, sorry. The list is only for Escapist members. If your love child does have an account, I'd be happy to add him. He'd probably be a better converstionist then some members.
she doesn't pay child support for my baby...=[

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Varchld said:
PurpleRain said:

Hehe, by "possibly on the same comp" I was thinking when you went over to Canada that you may have logged in to chat or something. My memories of the early days of IRC are all a bit of a blur.
Maybe I was just playing too much Mario and Yoshi got stuck in my subconscious one night.
Haha, could be. I still think if they replaced Mario with Rain those games would be at least ten times better... and easier.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I really hate thinking about the fact that my friends have sex liv-
Oh, GOD no!
*bangs head on wall in hopes that the mental imageries would go away*

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
Sparrow Tag said:
(I'm going to predict a flame right here)

I'm going to guess thats because it's not a real relationship. I may be a little bias here, as I don't think online dating is really "love".

Maybe it can progress into that when you meet them properly, face to face. Otherwise, no. I just can't see it being that much of a real thing.
You would be wrong, I'm afraid.
For one, they weren't in love.

Well, she wasn't. He was.
The reason it didn't work out for them is because he was...
How to put this delicately.
Stupid.
In the extreme. And I don't mean it as an insult - he was literally the stupidest human being I've ever had the misfortune to talk to.

And just to satisfy your need to be flamed - I find your views of love narrowminded and your avatar silly.
Whoa whoa whoa, mister! I agree I'm narrowminded, but don't diss the avatar!

And I don't like being flamed :(

Shane Hamstra

Amateur Bounty Hunter
Jan 5, 2009
My wife and I game together all the time, whether playing MMOs, online cooperatively, or in the same room helping each other on a certain game. She's the one, if you can believe it, that introduced me to MMOs, WoW; we played for a few years, but I guess you could say are on hiatus currently. Most recently we've been checking out the 1 v 100 on XBox and playing the trivia together, it's like the new online age of family gaming night.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I keep hoping my fiancee doesn't discover The Escapist and all my dealings here... since I'm so scandelous and all.