Escapist Podcast: 010: SOE Fan Faire and Day 1 DLC

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
The big problem I have with the DLC is the hassle it causes. Especially if it's day one DLC I'd rather pay more and have it all on the disc. Downloading content is not so easy for everyone (paying for it, or getting your console online in the first place can be a problem in some countries or areas), it takes up space, and you might have to end up downloading it again later if your save-files get corrupted or something.

So if I expect there's going to be DLC I'm just going to wait and hope they release the extra edition with all the added stuff later.

Also, as far spoilers go, some countries might get those movies, tv-series and books way later than others.

And I think spoilers are spoilers, no matter how old the book/movie/game/whatever is, but there are some things you can expect people to know. The Harry Potter-movies, for example. In that case, at some point it can be assumed that all the people in this certain social group know a certain thing about them, like who dies. But when we are talking about some small independent film, it's a different matter.

And some things are just such an integral part of the culture. Everyone (or everyone part of modern western culture anyway) knows how Romeo and Juliet ends, even if they haven't read/seen it, and in fact you can be expected to know.

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
Have you guys ever thought of occasionally using different people for the podcast? Not that the current participants aren't superb already, but mixing it up now and again won't hurt anybody. Or it will ruin everything forever. Either way it's worth a shot.

Comrade_Beric

Jacobin
May 10, 2010
So, um... was this supposed to be the last podcast? Because I waited all of Friday and Monday for the new one and it never came around...

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
How am I expected to get through the work day without regular podcasts. Without my escape, reality is starting to sink in and I don't like it.

deshadow52

Oct 25, 2010
yeah what happened to the podcast. I really looked forward to each podcast every week. I least give us an update on why they haven't been showing up please

ManupBatman

Jun 23, 2011
Oh no! The Escapist team has gone missing! How will we ever restart civilization without them!

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Comrade_Beric said:
So, um... was this supposed to be the last podcast? Because I waited all of Friday and Monday for the new one and it never came around...
Spud of Doom said:
I wonder where podcast 11 is. It's sure taking a while.
Frost27 said:
How am I expected to get through the work day without regular podcasts. Without my escape, reality is starting to sink in and I don't like it.
FrioJenkins said:
Need more podcasts! Please don't stop them now!
Formica Archonis said:
No podcast again this week?:(
deshadow52 said:
yeah what happened to the podcast. I really looked forward to each podcast every week. I least give us an update on why they haven't been showing up please
Lockstar86 said:
Where did the podcasts go?
ManupBatman said:
Oh no! The Escapist team has gone missing! How will we ever restart civilization without them!
We should most likely be back this week. The last two weeks have been filled with a lot of people out on vacation or a lot of last minute projects.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Slycne said:
We should most likely be back this week. The last two weeks have been filled with a lot of people out on vacation or a lot of last minute projects.
Good! I was this close to writing a parody sung to the tune of "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?"

jobu59749

Aug 3, 2009
I really enjoy these podcasts and it seems that we haven't seen a new one in, I wanna say 2 weeks, but my memory could be deluding me. I really hope this didn't get bagged and that you guys are just busy with other projects. If it isn't coming back due to whatever reason, please let me know so I may mount an epic protest...of epic proportions....with epic unicorns and zombies!!

Edit: I didn't check the posts after logging in and see that this has already been answered, but if it were to ever turn out for the worse, the above statement stands.

Maelothus

Apr 29, 2009
I know you guys are busy but I just want to say that you are missed. I would love to see a new podcast as soon as you can. I'll give you an honorary cookie (it's like a real cookie except you can't eat it and it's not real).

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I'm ok with spoilers, I forget about most of them 5 minutes after hearing them anyway.