Escapist Podcast: 057: Condiments, Kids and Metacritic

Jamane

Sep 24, 2010
When Susan isn't there you should just call it the mancast, and have you ever thought of having an emergancy recording of susan doing what she does well for when she is not there??

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Jamane said:
... an emergancy recording of susan doing what she does well for when she is not there??
Erm...what would that be? Talking about cats?
Going on entertaining tangents? You could record a few random things that come into your head and they could play them as part of the podcast when your not there.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
It turns out my taste in food is very similar to Mike's. I don't like condiments and I eat my burgers with only meat and buns. I do like ketchup though, but only with certain foods. Great podcast as always.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Loved the discussion about kids, it was very in-depth and insightful. My own 9 month old tries to grab my phone all the time, it's adorable. Probably from watching me play Pocket Planes all the time, and from all the lights and colors on it. And he loves munching its protective silicon case. I agree that no matter what the "plan" is, when it comes to kids and child-rearing and gender roles, the plan really turns into guidelines. You can start out with the best intentions in the world, but you get hit with reality and you have to adapt. Specifically on the issue on gender roles, you may try to raise a girl or a boy a certain way, some things are still going to turn out the same. That's also largely because of society, and how it portrays gender roles. Just take a look at toy stores and how incredibly oriented some toys are (EZ Bake Oven anyone?). And you can't deny the role biology plays, which something I denied until I became a mother. Some things are just primarily etched into you, and you can't change that, no matter how hard you try.

Oooh, I'd missed the McKayla "Not Impressed" meme, glad you talked about it!

@Mike: ask any great chef, great, exceptional food is *always* seasoned, *ALWAYS*. Subtly, of course, but it's always seasoned. But whatever floats your boat. ^_^

Another great podcat.

Jamane

Sep 24, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
Jamane said:
... an emergancy recording of susan doing what she does well for when she is not there??
Erm...what would that be? Talking about cats?
thats why I said what "you do well" and not what you do best :p

Draxz

May 2, 2012
NEEDED QUOTE:

Can someone tell me what the 'Erotic Novel', that was a joke, is called?

Curious, not really someone who's in to 50 Shades~

Henriot

Dec 15, 2011
Great podcast.

I'm a vegetarian because that's how I was raised (much like Steve's kid will be raised with inverted controls). Might be the default is people are omnivores, like most people are happy eating food with condiments on top of them. Humans are weird like that.

My food related quirk though; I will not eat food if I know it's been cooked/heated in a microwave. Weird concept to me...

Also, an audio recording of someone eating a salad: can't think of anything sexier.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Valanthe said:
Awesome Podcat as always, I'm trying to think now what the first game I ever beat to 100% was... and I'm thinking it was Perfect Dark for the 64.

Man I miss that game, that really needs an HD remake, I would buy a brand new console for that. Oh well, time to break out the old 64 again.

Massive edit: No wait. it was Hugo's House of Horrors! I played the crap out of that trilogy of games. Wow I'd almost forgotten they existed.
I remember Hugo. I could never get past that damn dog. I have been meaning to find that game and try it again now that I have an adult brain instead of a child's.

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
bdcjacko said:
Valanthe said:
Awesome Podcat as always, I'm trying to think now what the first game I ever beat to 100% was... and I'm thinking it was Perfect Dark for the 64.

Man I miss that game, that really needs an HD remake, I would buy a brand new console for that. Oh well, time to break out the old 64 again.

Massive edit: No wait. it was Hugo's House of Horrors! I played the crap out of that trilogy of games. Wow I'd almost forgotten they existed.
I remember Hugo. I could never get past that damn dog. I have been meaning to find that game and try it again now that I have an adult brain instead of a child's.
Having an adult's brain doesn't help, it uses adventure game logic.

If you'd like I can still remember how to get past it if you're interested.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Valanthe said:
bdcjacko said:
Valanthe said:

Having an adult's brain doesn't help, it uses adventure game logic.

If you'd like I can still remember how to get past it if you're interested.
If I can remember to download it, I will take you up on this.

SlamDunc

Aug 17, 2012
The Escapist Staff said:
057: Condiments, Kids and Metacritic

Why doesn't Mike use condiments?

Watch Video
Was there something in this podcast I missed indicating that there would not be one this week? Or was there not time to do one?

LordFish

May 29, 2012
SlamDunc said:
The Escapist Staff said:
057: Condiments, Kids and Metacritic

Why doesn't Mike use condiments?

Watch Video
Was there something in this podcast I missed indicating that there would not be one this week? Or was there not time to do one?
Seconded

Migs

Oct 13, 2010
Thirded

It really boggled me as to what happened to the August 17th Podcast, especially since I have to wait several hours later(Read: Saturday early morning) to get it.

Unluckily for me, when the podcast is posted, I'm pretty much a day ahead, listening to peoples comments made yesterday.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
You know Mike, if that serial killer neighbor of yours listens to this, he's probably made it his life-goal to slip you a "mustard mickey" of sorts.

and another thing on this subject, I'm betting you send a lot of stuff back, so I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you've probably been served a higher than average ammount of "sneezers" because of it.
[hr]At least McKayla Maroney has a sense of humor about it [http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/olympics-2012-mckayla-maroney-impressed-memes-gallery-1.1133535]. That kind of makes up for it. Maybe.
[hr]Okay, it's driving me crazy. I have to go back to the condiments, WHY? Is it like the air conditioning from last week? Are you denying yourself? Is it a purity of food thing? What about jelly on toast? Is it just when it can be added, or do you avoid things that are made with mayo or mustard, like coleslaw or deviled eggs? What about mustard flavored chips? If the tomato on a BLT gets too mashed up does it cross the line to catsup? Is horsey sauce from Arby's really as bad as I remember it? Is it at all related to the game Burger Time?

Okay, forget your serial killer neighbor, it is now MY life-goal to get you to try mustard. Don't worry, I'll have an ambulance ready in case you are allergic.