Feb 19, 2009
Caffiene said:
Wait, wait, wait.
Hold on.
Wait.
Hold on, rewind.

...Janelle is excited about things?

(But seriously...)
On the subject of Fallout TV, the "city seasons" thing sounded pretty awesome as an idea, but Im not sure if it would be my favourite approach for Fallout specifically. I imagine more of a travelling show that moves from place to place throughout the season, because I think thats a big part of the vibe of Fallout.

I think you need to be able to have times where the characters are way out in the desert/wastelands, or trapped in a crazy bio-dome Vault with killer plants, etc, for an episode or two on end without even seeing the city, or even episodes travelling from place to place on a lonely road through the hills where they can be ambushed by raiders or supermutants (or Deathclaws, except lets face it that would be the end of the season). There are too many parts of Fallout that are, and should be, their own self-contained "thing". I dont know that you can fit all of that into a season at the same time as telling "the story of the city", even if you got greenlit for a big 23 episode run.

Which actually leads me to another interesting and important question (maybe for future podcat discussion?): Fallout the TV Series - UK series or big US season? Or maybe even a curveball from one of the Canadian sci-fi production houses?
Personally I think Fallout just has to be quintessentially american... But on the other hand, can you imagine what the Brits might do with it if they were given a chance?
Wouldn't it be great to focus every episode on a 'side mission' with the red thread of the main plot running through it, but from the point of view of the mission givers.

Shadey[64]

Nov 20, 2009
I believe a Fallout series would be best achieved by following a single wanderer venturing from location to location.
Instead of the focus being on said locations though, focus on the people surviving there. How have they kept order in their settlement, how do they get supplies etc etc. Just from there you could jump to millions of potential episode filling stories. Perhaps not a single warrior but follow set people staggering their screen time in the style of lost. Still have a big over-arching story and call back to previous episodes but each episode is mainly its own self-contained thing.

I think I'm imagining it more as Mad Max with mutants and 50's cultural references thrown in.
Also power armour, gotta have the power armour.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
I am actually looking forward to Tombraider too. Liked the idea, the setting, hated the controls and some of the level desing, hopefully this one desn't control like crap.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
bdcjacko said:
Just throwing this out there. I would like to hear a podcat with Susan, Janelle, and um...what is her name, the lady that was on the Hobbitcast. We have had all dude Podcats, what about an all chick podcat?
That would be Ma'idah Lashani aka Nasrin

Seamus8

Mar 26, 2008
SimAnt was the greatest RTS of all time. Yeah I said it, take that C&C, TA, and SC.

Also Janelle, it's Maxis not Firaxis. Will Wright not Sid Meier. Probably an innocent slip of the tongue but it's a tick I have. Also The Afterlife is by Lucasarts

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Another awesome podcat. :D
Always a pleasure to listen too.
Glad to know I'm not the only fan of Anaconda.
Funnily enough that film came up in the latest CommuniCast... ;)

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Shadey[64 said:
]Long time listener but barely post, felt my opinion would be valid on this one though.

The statuette is an in-game item used for gameplay reasons, it's a human(not zombie) corpse used to lure infected to specific areas. Also the game being set on a tropical holiday island makes the attire seem fitting to me.
As for it having an appealing figure, I took that as the whole thing being a play on jail-bait. (Zom-bait)
It's not overly mature, I don't feel it deserved the amount of community backlash it received though.

Great podcast, thanks for the laughs.
On that topic huge fan of Janelle and her giggles.
Ok, you do know that the term "jail bait" refers to an underage girl, right?

Also, the zombie bait in the first game was made from zombies, not humans. Which, admittedly, doesn't make much sense.

Shadey[64]

Nov 20, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Shadey[64 said:
]Long time listener but barely post, felt my opinion would be valid on this one though.

The statuette is an in-game item used for gameplay reasons, it's a human(not zombie) corpse used to lure infected to specific areas. Also the game being set on a tropical holiday island makes the attire seem fitting to me.
As for it having an appealing figure, I took that as the whole thing being a play on jail-bait. (Zom-bait)
It's not overly mature, I don't feel it deserved the amount of community backlash it received though.

Great podcast, thanks for the laughs.
On that topic huge fan of Janelle and her giggles.
Ok, you do know that the term "jail bait" refers to an underage girl, right?

Also, the zombie bait in the first game was made from zombies, not humans. Which, admittedly, doesn't make much sense.
I wasn't trying to say otherwise just thought that's what they were playing on, again not the most mature of paths to take. :p

Oops, foot in mouth.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Have you guys seen that new show on BBC with Dominic Monaghan (Merry of LOTR if ya don't know)? He practically slept with a biiig Burmese python, the thinking being the creature was so big that it didn't view him as a threat but was just small enough to not try and eat him. The whole episode he was looking for an insect and found everything but.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
That asylum horror movie sounds a lot like The Task. Sounds like it, except the hot naked girls.

Basically these people were filming reality show, and there was some guy who "haunted" the place that was killing them off while they each had to complete a task in the place. But then it turns out it was all just a prank on the show producer, but then another twist that there really was a ghost killing them, but only some of them, and then it just kinda ended.

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
Fallout Nuka Break webseries [http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5E9CAB444A9CECB8] I know some of the guys behind this series, it's a great albeit miniaturized version of what a fun, faithful Fallout series could be if given a chance.

kburns10

You Gots to Chill
Sep 10, 2012
You know, I didn't think about the whole Torso-Gate incident in that the bust doesn't look like a zombie. I totally agree with that stance. For me; however, beyond it being in bad taste, it just looked weird. It's not something I'd want to explain to my friends when they come over to visit.

zvate

Aug 12, 2010
The difference between a game and a horror movie is the level of interactivity and participation. Receiving a women's torso from a horror movie box says something about the film, story and characters. Receiving it from a video game is meant to say something about me or how I am meant to interact with it... and yes, I have a problem with that.