Escapist Podcast: 079: JJ Abrams (Again) And Game-Related Anger

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
079: JJ Abrams (Again) And Game-Related Anger

This week on the podcast, we discuss our favorite kinds of candy, J.J. Abrams working with Valve, some suggestions on how to handle friends who get angry while playing games, and when its appropriate to take pictures of cosplayers. We also have an interesting challenge for our faithful listeners of the podcat - suggest new titles for us to use (because stuff like "Managing Editor" and "Video Editor" can be kinda boring)!

Watch Video

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Someone forgot to include Greg in the "cast this week" rundown.

Thus I conclude that Greg's title should now be "The Forgotten One".

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
New title for Susan, Editor in chief of cat related media

listening to you guys talk about candy or as we say in the UK sweets, is weird because I have no idea what you were talking about till you discussed smarties for 2 minutes

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
TheDrunkNinja said:
Someone forgot to include Greg in the "cast this week" rundown.
We're going to blame that on Greg being gone so much the past month :p

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
bdcjacko said:
21 minutes, and all coffee and candy.
Well, how else would you know it's the genuine thing?

Anyway, why'd you guys not think of 'coffee candy: The candy that's coffee!'

Also food. There's a lot of food in the first 17 minutes. A good sign of quality.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
I thought the logical thing for the portal film is that it wouldn't follow Chell, maybe something about aperture before it died or something on the secrets of the world and it can have the tag line "Is the cake a lie?"

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
Baldry said:
I thought the logical thing for the portal film is that it wouldn't follow Chell, maybe something about aperture before it died or something on the secrets of the world and it can have the tag line "Is the cake a lie?"
Same I would have thought it would be aperture being founded or it collapsing or something

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
DrRockor said:
Baldry said:
Same I would have thought it would be aperture being founded or it collapsing or something
Quick we need to send a letter to J.J. so he knows what to do and how to make us happy!

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
The most egregious example of product placement I've seen recently has to be Microsoft in NCIS LA.

Dear god its annoying, particularly when its advertising Surface RT - which would be completely freaking useless for the things they show it being used for.

They even have the guy using it pull out the stupid floppy keyboard out of his arse and put it down on a flat surface in order to be able to type - showing off one of its main flaws as a product as a freaking feature. ARG!

Rakor

Mar 9, 2010
Tour guide of the Sword Coast? Boat Captain of the Sword Coast?

Baldur's Gate taxi driver?

Feline Philanthropist? Maybe with a house sigil of a three headed kitten, except one head is looking at an iphone....

Just throwing them out there....

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Man, the cosplayers
I always feel awkward around cosplayers
I and feel double awkward around female cosplayers
And triple awkward around hot female cosplayers
And quadruple awkward around hot female cosplayers in revealing costumes

I try to avoid them as much as I can
Because in my head even if I look for one second I may start staring and looking like creepy perv and I'm really shy, and I kinda would like to have sex with her, and now she noticed me, and I'm still staring, and she now starts to stare back, and my parents never loved me, and now the other people noticed me staring at her, and now she feels uncomfortable, and I feel like horrible person, and I'M STILL STARING, LOOK AWAY, you're not a bad person, no, wait, stop, now it is obvious that you were staring all the time, look at her, no, you're staring again,-----, quick, drop on the ground and play dead, fake heart attack or something, no, stop, it will draw even more attention, just run, RUN, RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!
What? I HAVE ISSUES, OK? Deal with it >:/

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Susan Arendt: Cat Wrangler
Greg Tito: Incognito Man
Justin Clouse: Ringmaster
Paul Goodman: Talkmeister

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
LadyRhian said:
Susan Arendt: Cat Wrangler
I came here just to suggest 'Chief Kitten Wrangler'... I think we possibly typecast (typecat?) our great leader a little. But at least it's in a nice way.

DrRockor said:
listening to you guys talk about candy or as we say in the UK sweets, is weird because I have no idea what you were talking about till you discussed smarties for 2 minutes
FYI: I'm pretty sure they're not talking about what you think they're talking about. You know Refreshers? The fizzy chalky tablet things? Smarties in America are pretty much like that.