Escapist Podcast: 084: Reboots, Weird Foods and Gaming While Angry

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
084: Reboots, Weird Foods and Gaming While Angry

This week, The Escapist crew discusses reboots and remakes, the weirdest food we've ever eaten, and how we decide which games we review for the site. We also talk about how to speak to your friends when they get angry while gaming.

Remember, the audio-only version of The Escapist Podcast is available for free from both our iTunes [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/rss/videos/podcast/167-e15a29097a5b663fa43b258772591ecc.xml] page!

Watch Video

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Question before even listening to the podcat, is it nessicary to put weird food in the title because that is the subject most mentioned in all Podcats.

Also chartreuse is a yellowish green. I learned this with fishing lures.

Rangarig

Dragon in disguise
Apr 19, 2010
Not sure what is up, but it gives me a 404 error when trying to play the video. On top of this, streaming any of the new videos has been extremely slow ...

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Only HTML5 plays the video. The normal versions are broken. It's an annoying problem.

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Rangarig said:
Not sure what is up, but it gives me a 404 error when trying to play the video. On top of this, streaming any of the new videos has been extremely slow ...
Xman490 said:
Only HTML5 plays the video. The normal versions are broken. It's an annoying problem.
As far as I can tell the standard definition (flash) of the video is playing through fine - are you attempting to view the video in high quality? Have you tried clearing your cache?

Rangarig

Dragon in disguise
Apr 19, 2010
WMDogma said:
As far as I can tell the standard definition (flash) of the video is playing through fine - are you attempting to view the video in high quality? Have you tried clearing your cache?
Used to watching everything in HQ-HTML5. Cleared cache, re-started browser, now it works. When I tried that before, it did not. Not sure what has changed.

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Rangarig said:
Used to watching everything in HQ-HTML5. Cleared cache, re-started browser, now it works. When I tried that before, it did not. Not sure what has changed.
Ah, good to hear! I'm going to venture a guess that it could have been a cache issue; the HQ version of the podcast (now that we've added video) is particularly large, so something might've gotten caught up somewhere. I will double check with our IT team to make sure things are running smoothly. Thank you for your patience!

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
You know, sans the first person part that's exactly what happened to Mass Effect 3

1:14:00
Oh, and Susan, I say "getting on like two chairs on fire."
I don't know why or what it means but I say it.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Choose a favorite pie? No way, man. NEVER. It's like Sophie's Choice all over again!

--says nobody ever except me

Shippy

Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
Apr 14, 2010
Ahhh the northern southern thing.

because they are far away from us and talk funny.

also possibly class issues

i don't really understand as I'm a south londoner anything across the river is north to me

On a semi serious note i hate a lot of manga translations as they replace japanesisms with americanisms

first that bugs me because i don't like that idea

secondly

i'm not american. i might not get americanisms. in fact given that i'm a basment dwelling otaku i probably get more japaneseism that americanisms

please don't **** about with the translation like that

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
I thought it was amusing how you guys start off talking about how extreme fanboys are with their extremes and ideas of what an IP "should be" and then condemn the Sherlock Holmes movies for that exact reason (Not being your idea of what S.H is). I actually really liked those movies....maybe because I didn't go into it with any pre-conceived ideas of of what a Sherlock Holmes film "Should Be".
Anyway good podcast as always keep up the good work (Gratuitous food discussion included).
P.S Ive heard "Like a house on Fire" soooooo many times. It's not just a Philly thing.

Leftnt Sharpe

Nick Furry
Apr 2, 2009
'Northern Bastard' refers to people like myself from the North of England, it can be used in a humorous, friendly or insulting context depending on your relationship to the person. As snippy said, the reasons for this is because of our more blue collar, rough around the edges nature, amongst other things. The northerners in Game of Thrones are actually pretty similar to real northerners, in the context of the setting of course.

There is also the stereotype song that southern footie fans use to mock northern fans with:

Go t'pub
Drink t'ale
Get completely plastered
Go t'home
Beat t'wife
Cos I'm a Northern Bastard

Yeah, we don't have the best reputation........

vortalism

Dec 15, 2011
I'm surprised, PodCats, have you never had affogato? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affogato)

Also were Bungie's cookies a....................... lie? (don't kill me), I can just imagine Bungie's giant robot AI saying "there will be cookies!" And the aftermath of that..

Plus Susan, you are not alone, I also love oatmeal raisin cookies.