Escapist Podcast: 094: Double Fine Kickstarter & E3 Judge's Week

PiercedMonk

Feb 26, 2010
There's probably no way for me to say this without sounding like an asshole, but I'm looking forward to future episodes of the podcast without Susan. No doubt she's a lovely person, I wish her all the best in whatever her future holds, and her enthusiasm for games definitely comes through in every episode, but she often tends to dominate the conversation, and I find myself wondering what someone else was going to say before they were interrupted. That's never an issue on the episodes she doesn't participate in.

Also, Paul puts up with way too much shit about his personal verbal ticks from a person who unironically uses the term, "cray cray."

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
PiercedMonk said:
There's probably no way for me to say this without sounding like an asshole, but I'm looking forward to future episodes of the podcast without Susan. No doubt she's a lovely person, I wish her all the best in whatever her future holds, and her enthusiasm for games definitely comes through in every episode, but she often tends to dominate the conversation, and I find myself wondering what someone else was going to say before they were interrupted. That's never an issue on the episodes she doesn't participate in.

Also, Paul puts up with way too much shit about his personal verbal ticks from a person who unironically uses the term, "cray cray."
I don't give Paul shit for his verbal ticks.

And lucky you, you never have to hear from me again! Hooray!

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
This thread is so odd. There seems to be this weird mxiture of hostility for random things and then all the well-wishing to Susan. Ah, internet.

Susan, farewell and good luck on your adventures ahead. I know you don't owe us any explanation at all, but if it's not just the Escapist you're leaving but the industry as a whole (I don't know why I'm getting that vibe, perhaps your tone of voice) then that's too much of a hole for anyone to fill up. Just tell where you'll be next, and I'm sure a lot of people will go see your new work, wherever that may be.

Looming_Shadows

Jun 21, 2012
I feel horrible saying this so late, but I couldn't watch the Podcat until now, so with a warm and heavy heart, goodbye Susan, and great luck with any future plans.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
I just finished this one today, now I'm kind of bummed.

I've avoided getting a twitter account for so long, now it seems I can't avoid it any longer. You win, Susan, my first followee.