Escapist Podcast: 174: Best Video Game Genre

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Well, I guess after voting developers of entirely different kinds of games against each other, it was only a matter of time before we started pitting entirely different concepts against each other on some kind of vague basis that can only end in shouting.

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
I liked this format a bit better then the previous news catchup style that always felt like it was being done better by the quick update show by the top 5 show personality.

it always felt more approachable of a show in the sitting around a room talking about stuff pertaining to games context rather then discussing news stories that might even be completely irrelevant, or out dated by the time the show goes up (sudo-case-in-point the Mars One story)

if your going to be showing only 1 video feed why is there the blue border around the frame? this just doesn't make sense, and I feel like I am watching the show throw a tunnel, or window (I am not talking about a monitor screen), and why is that computer in the podcast room always going to sleep in the middle of the show (sometimes it covers up statements being said, and other times it is even distracting to the people on the podcast like Josh for example)

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
The one thing this podcat lacked was Justin saying Baulder's Gate is the best game genre.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Parshooter said:
bdcjacko said:
The one thing this podcat lacked was Justin saying Baulder's Gate is the best game genre.
Is Justin really the last of the original podcasters? :(
Yes...though Russ snuck in not too long ago.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Regarding buying strategy games on PC. in last couple years i have rebought most of paradox games for digital versions as well as plenty of other stratey games, like the tropico games. Especially considerin that Alpha Centauri reake probably boosted sales a lot too the numbers are not surprising. heck im lsitening to this podcast and playing a strategy game right now.