Escapist Podcast: Bonus: The BioShock Infinite Podcat!

Kristian Fischer

Aug 15, 2011
Comstock's story kinda reminds me of Cecil Rhodes. He started out working on a cotton farm in South Africa, drawing the ire of his white peers for socializing with his black workers and showing them trust by paying them in advance.

Then he had a mild heart attack, went on an 8-month trek across the veldt and came back with the conviction that blacks were children who should be used as an on-tap work force and nothing else. He even got the Cape Republic to repeal the franchise for the few blacks that had it, and later founded the country of Rhodesia, a byword for racism.

Rhodesia was created in what had been Matabeleland, which he had first cheated the inhabitants out of, and then massacred them with Maxim machineguns.

puff ball

Mar 14, 2011
i believe that the racism was originally created because when they created Columbia they sold it as this new Eden a perfect world, and who's vision of a perfect world involves them doing menial labor. so none of the citizens were willing to do these jobs that totally needed doing so to solve this one of the audio logs was of a character telling comstock Ive got a solution to your labor issue, slaves enjoy. now when it starts to become over the top is most people can't treat another human being like that without some sort of justification so either you admit to yourself they are human and need to be treated as such or you justify it as they are somehow less then human.

as for the hard time you guys had with the ghost and silent guy fights devils kiss mad both of those easy just put the trap right at the ghost feet and it will normally kill all the people she spawns and damage her too.and spam it at the other fght with the Regan gear equipped and it will go by pretty smoothly at least that's what i did.

achump

Apr 12, 2013
Great podcast, really enjoyed it. One thing which may or may not be significant. I chose not to draw on the ticket teller, which resulted in Booker getting stabbed in the hand. Through out the game Booker has a bandage round his hand, however at the end during the drowning(which is when I noticed it) there is no bandage and his hand is all healed up. Different Booker or something the developers just missed?

Looming_Shadows

Jun 21, 2012
In the same floating house where you get the voxophone that explains the music it also quotes:"...if he has half the genius of the biologist I now observe...", as a reference to either Suchong or Tenebaum from Bioshock 1 as an explanation towards the creation of Vigors!

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
After playing the second half of the game last night (in which I got as impatient as Booker, which was the first time I really sympathized with him), I thought that him drowning at the end actually led to him being "born again" by resurrection as Comstock. Now, I hear that he absolutely died there, which affects all of the Comstock universes, but how does that not affect the indebted Booker universes like the one in the post-credits? Is there an explanation to how his death in one universe carried on to multiple universes but not all?