Escapist Podcast - Comics and Cosplay: 018: Secret Wars: The Force Awakens Jokes

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
018: Secret Wars: The Force Awakens Jokes

Minutes before we set out to record this podcast, the official title of Star Wars 7 was revealed via Twitter. Spoiler: It's "Star Wars: The Force Awakens". Way better than "Dawn of Justice," of course. Of course we had to talk about that. We also discussed Marvel's upcoming crossover events and wonder if it means we're looking at a "Crisis on Infinite Earths" style continuity reset. Finally, we have our first tentative discussion of our best of 2014 comics.

Watch Video

HanFyren

Dec 19, 2011
Hmm.. I always read it as Anakin was the one.
The jedi got this prophesy about someone who would bring balance to the force. And being jedi they think balance is a good thing. Only there are a shitload of jedi and only 2 sith.
When Darth Vader is done there are only 2 jedi and 2 sith. Balance.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
HanFyren said:
Hmm.. I always read it as Anakin was the one.
The jedi got this prophesy about someone who would bring balance to the force. And being jedi they think balance is a good thing. Only there are a shitload of jedi and only 2 sith.
When Darth Vader is done there are only 2 jedi and 2 sith. Balance.
That's totally the interpretation I took from it too!

Except that years later, when Palpatine has grown to powerful, he kills him and completes what he started. Now the Force is a fresh slate for Luke to build on.

Goldjit

Jun 21, 2011
Just wanted to say that I am happy to see this back. I shall now go back to silently listening to it (hopefully) every week. :)