Escapist Podcast: DRM, Piracy & PC Gaming

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
DRM, Piracy & PC Gaming

On this first episode, join Yahtzee Croshaw and Mikey Neumann as they converse on some of the biggest topics in games.

Watch Video

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
Escapist! Make a gaming radio! MAKE IT HAPPEN!
I'd help.. somehow.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
HankMan said:
I lol'd at 4:00. Karl Marx in a Lampshade =)
If you like that image enough to want to wear it - "The Communist Party" [http://www.threadless.com/product/383/The_Communist_Party?streetteam=tomburns].

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'd actually prefer just the site staff on the cast, tbh.

Susan, John, Logan, Andy, Tom, and all of you behind the scenes people.

But this is good, too.

:)

thublihnk

Jul 24, 2009
Can we get the audio in an RSS feed? I listen to a LOT of podcasts, and sitting still at my computer is pretty much the last way I want to do it.

EDIT: I'm also rather selective with podcasts and THIS-IS-AWESOME. So I REALLY want that RSS feed.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Please let this be weekly. It doesn't have to be these two every time.

A nice thing for discussion:
Comparison of the communities.
XBL (The stereotype of online gaming), PSN (Absoultely silent... nobody has a mic), PC (Arrogant elitists) and Nintendo (Completely non-existant)

Tulks

Dec 30, 2010
"Not that I've done it..."
Well played, Yahtzee. Well played.

redisforever said:
Very nice, but it was recorded a while ago, wasn't it?
Probably about three weeks ago, judging by the Kirby reference.

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
It'd be nice to explain the concept of what you're taking appart. What's this DRM?

As for PC Gaming - it gets to the point where buying newer and better computer isn't really worth it unless you work on it as a graphic or something like that. PC should stay as more of a work tool, with few things to fuck around in the mean time (but we have facebook for that now) and leave games for specified medium that they made for - consoles and eventually something better ;)

Overally I liked it ;)

A Curious Fellow

Nov 16, 2010
Actually Yahtzee, I do depend greatly on your opinion before I buy games. I've decided to not spend several hundred dollars due critique about some games, and in turn spent money on your recommendations, the best examples being my avoidance of Dead Space and my purchase of Just Cause 2. And you know what? You've yet to be incorrect, as far as my enjoyment has been concerned. The games I opted out of, I played later at a friend's place or as a rental, and been deeply pleased that I never bothered to spend my own cash on them.

As a man of limited funds and time, I find your reviews truly invaluable. Thank you.