Escapist Podcast - Movies and TV: 002: Neighbors Wins The Weekend And A TV Bloodbath

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
002: Neighbors Wins The Weekend And A TV Bloodbath

This podcast is audio only. In episode two of The Escapist's new Movies and TV Podcast, Senior Editor Ross Lincoln talks with critic Bob Chipman and Escapist contributor Marla Desat about how Neighbors pwned The Amazing Spider-Man 2, the bloodbath of tv cancellations, and the hilarity of Jame Bond creator Ian Flemming's prejudices. Spoilers ho!

Watch Video

Haru17

Mar 1, 2014
I like the podcast, but PLEASE increase the audio quality. Whether it's your microphones or way it's all processed something is seriously wrong. Please fix this before it hurts my ears and speakers anymore.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
Good stuff! keep it coming. definitely a bit more easy listening then the first one too.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
Haru17 said:
I like the podcast, but PLEASE increase the audio quality. Whether it's your microphones or way it's all processed something is seriously wrong. Please fix this before it hurts my ears and speakers anymore.
I would appreciate it too, but it seems to be a common issue in the podcasts I listen to that are recorded with people being in different cities so it might be a transmission issue instead of just improving the quality of the recording.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
I'm really liking the more frequent podcasts. They make my work week much more enjoyable. Keep 'em coming.

One criticism though- please work on the intro music fading. The music mostly drowns out whatever Ross was saying at the beginning.

Captcha: neckbeard. What are implying, Escapist?

Tono Makt

Mar 24, 2012
So is this going to be a thing now - that it's going to be Ross and Bob chat while someone else sort of sits in the background and barely contributes? I'm not really sure why Marla was on this podcast at all. Which isn't an insult to her, but a comment on the organization for the podcast. She (like Ingoo last week) seem to be an after thought. "We need a third person on this podcast... how about Ingoo/Marla/Next Podcast's guest?/etc."

I like the information coming out of it, and it's entertaining - also far less swearing this time, which is nice - but the balance is way, way, way off. Maybe go for 4 people instead of 3? Having more people might make it more important to focus on making sure everyone has a reason for being there. You might be able to balance it out like "Ross and Bob focus on that, Guest 1 and Guest 2 can focus on that topic, and we're on!".

Again, I'm not trying to say this podcast sucks. I like it and I want it to be better. I'm trying to be constructive in my criticism.