Escapist Podcast - Movies and TV: 015: Ross and Moviebob's Rock And Wrestling

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
015: Ross and Moviebob's Rock And Wrestling

WWE Summer Slam happened last weekend, and Moviebob was on the scene for the whole thing. We talk about that at length, plus a brief discussion of pro wrestling terminology and moves, the history of sports entertainment, the weird soap opera awesomeness of the 'sport', and how Basketball could be improved by being more like Wrestling. We also talk Doctor Strange and Ant-Man.

Watch Video

Parshooter

Sep 13, 2009
The Doctor Strange non-origin movie could just start with Patton Oswald showing up at his door saying "A secret organization from WWII wants to kill you." "Why?" "Well that's for you to tell us" Then the clone of Oswald gets shot as they try to escape from Hydra and maybe Jessica Drew shows up to be the antagonist that Strange saves or gives powers to at the end.

deshadow52

Oct 25, 2010
I was actually thinking of The Dark Knight Rises when you were describing Cena Vs Lesnar. So if Bryan comes back does that mean he is going to "discover The Bat Cave"

Also it seems odd that Dr. Strange won't have an origin story because he doesn't seem to be that well known. His story doesn't seem to be very complicated so they would only need like 10-20 minutes tops. Hell Guardians of the Galaxy was like 5 minutes.

Also sad that you are not reviewing The Giver, Bob. I know this month is full of movies, but I am still disappointed. I had a feeling it wouldn't be good, but want to know why.

Chris Ingersoll

Jun 21, 2013
Bob if you've been a wrestling fan for as long as you said you would know, without hesitation, that Wrestlemania is late March (sometimes early April) and not January (Rumble)/February (Elimination Chamber).

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Am I the only one who was rather frustrated by the fact that I tuned into a Movies and TV podcast and got 45 minutes of WWE and Lakers, and ten minutes of Dr. Strange discussion? (which is what I expected the majority to be).

Shodan1980

Mar 29, 2010
MorganL4 said:
Am I the only one who was rather frustrated by the fact that I tuned into a Movies and TV podcast and got 45 minutes of WWE and Lakers, and ten minutes of Dr. Strange discussion? (which is what I expected the majority to be).
No sir, you were not. I get it, Wrestling is huge (it's my sister's favourite Soap Opera after all) and if you're gonna talk about it, the Movies and TV Podcast is the best to talk about it. But 45 minutes of stuff I could give two frells for and 10 minutes of stuff I was interested in. And very little of it current news, and most of it reminiscing about "Remember this awesome bit from then?"