Escapist Podcast - Movies and TV: 021: This Podcast Is Full Of Spoilers. A TON Of Spoilers.

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
021: This Podcast Is Full Of Spoilers. A TON Of Spoilers.

On most days, we talk a lot about rumors, confirmed rumors and just straight up spoilers on the Escapist Movies and TV podcast, but we rarely actually spoil stuff. Today is not most days. Bob and Ross talk Star Wars, Marvel, and DC rumors galore and use that as an excuse to talk about spoilers. What makes a spoiler? How long is long enough before spoilers no longer really count? And of course, are people too sensitive about them? We try to figure all of that out. Oh, we also spoil Citizen Kane, The Empire Strikes Back, The Matrix, Planet Of The Apes, and lots more. Obviously, SPOILER WARNING.

Watch Video

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
I think out of all the spoilers I have overheard over the years, the only time I was really annoyed/upset is when Marvel spoiled what happened in Captain America: The Winter Soldier four days later in the following episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. I felt at that time and still do a 10 second introductory screen with "The events of this show continue from..." and I would have been fine for I would have turned off the program. Of course it was only made worse by the fact I only had a chance to see one showing of the movie and it was sold out long before I was able to get to the theater and had made plans to see it the following weekend.

Other then that one issue, I don't think any spoiler has ever really bothered/annoyed me, I had people talking about the end of Thor 2, when I was waiting outside the theater to go see the movie and that didn't even bother me, for I felt there was context missing.

Jamesian

Oct 22, 2014
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.