Jak23

Oct 1, 2010
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits
I get a 404 when I go there, I was wondering what was taking them so long

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Well it does make sense since both parties went their separate ways.

dexxyoto

Mar 24, 2009
Would've been nice to have a small mention of that though rather than just happen, thouygh i spose you can;t blame them. Based on the page going down i'm inclining towards Ec winning the IP thing.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
So what's going to happen to all the videos they made with the escapist and where is the link to there current stomping grounds?

Shakaar9267

Look at me, I'm burning.
Nov 30, 2009
Well they couldn't keep the page up forever. You can still see more Extra Credits on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ExtraCreditz

The Bucket

May 4, 2010
dexxyoto said:
Would've been nice to have a small mention of that though rather than just happen, thouygh i spose you can;t blame them. Based on the page going down i'm inclining towards Ec winning the IP thing.
All the episodes are still on the Escapist, they're just doing the same thing they do whenever a series ends regardless of what terms it ends on. You can't really judge anything from it.

Edit:

Oh wait, all the eps are listed but not found. Never mind.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Giest4life said:
I guess they finally got over it. I wonder who won the IPR fight, though.
Based on what's been happening on youtube, I'd say the Extra Credits team has their IP back.

I mean, they're still releasing new stuff, they mention being in talks with some other website, and... Oddly enough, the Escapist seems to be putting old Extra Credits episodes on youtube as well.

All of which kind of suggests they've come to some kind of arrangement and the escapist has given up all Extra Credits related IP, (and apparently agreed to release the old episodes as well.)

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
We all knew it was going to happen eventually with the whole "Incident" that happened awhile ago. sad that it played out as it did but I never really watched it so it isn't a huge loss to me but the whole incident left a bad taste in my mouth.

Korak the Mad

Nov 19, 2010
Extra Credits has their own channel on youtube but is only posting episodes that they have made since they started it, but I bet that they will make a playlist of all their episodes that they had posted on the escapist in the not too distant future.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I thought I'd see this topic pop up eventually.

*shakes head*

Terrible for both parties really. This could have been avoided somehow.

shadowelancer

Mar 18, 2009
Why is it they completely obliterated the page for Extra Credits yet still maintain a whole bunch of long finished (at least on the escapist) shows like Unforgotten Realms

JoeThree

May 8, 2010
Maaan, I used to enjoy playing their videos to torture and annoy my friends. I suppose it's back to Movie Bob for that... although admittedly, he seems to at least be aware of his short comings in a lot of his video making, and has actually stepped up his game. Huh, guess there's always That Guy With The Glasses for terrible reviews and online videos at least.